What's new

Beer O da day!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
One night I went on an all out hunt for it and after dublin ended up in San Jose and a liquor store across the street from Pink Poodle. The guy there was pretty cool and told me that if they are marked up then they are not authorized retailers. He pointed me in the direction of some substitutes, but they weren't nearly as good.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Tart, but not SOUR. My saison tastes more like lactic sourness than this.

This was meant to have a picture of a New Glarus Berliner Weisse. However I either forgot to post it or it just didn't work somehow.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
ST creme brulee

Ugh, 12oz pour is plenty for me..
If I ever get to have my own brewery I'd love to put higher alcohol or specialtiy releases in SMALLER not bigger bottles. I think a 275ml or 9.3oz pour of an imperial stout or anything that's pretty high alcohol and maltier. Plus you can charge a bit more per ounce in the small bottles because it is less liquid so it hurts the pocket less. Think of the difference between a $15 4 pack of imperial stout or anything near 9%abv and six packs. Say the six pack was $15 to start but in an effort for them to make money they decided to go to a 4 pack for the same price. Most wouldn't really notice too much. If you went the other route and increased the price of the six pack everyone would notice because it's a significant price increase. If you pay $15 for a 4 pack its $0.31/oz but a six is almost $0.21/oz which is fairly significant. I'd pay more for less in many cases. The 4 pack will move easier because if your price point was $0.31/oz then the 6 pack would be $23.25 which psychologically puts people off from buying the six but the 4pack will move all day long.

Geekified rant over bottle size and six/four pack over.....

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
P1030976.jpg

My last bottle of Coast Brewing Blackbeerd Blanton's Barrel Aged, the Imperial Stout. Bottled Dec 2012.

Barrel Aged Blackbeerd is designated by black waxing: Jack Daniels ('09), Buffalo Trace ('10), JD and Buffalo Trace ('11), Blanton's (11/27/12).

P1030977.jpg

OK, not great.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Spent last week in Wisconsin so I drank a ton of New Glarus and Leinenkugels. I absolutely love New Glarus, I drank Spotted Cow at almost every bar I went to. Very very very drinkable cream ale. All of their fruit beers are out of this world!

And since moving into my new house a month ago here is some of the damage I have done.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Spent last week in Wisconsin so I drank a ton of New Glarus and Leinenkugels. I absolutely love New Glarus, I drank Spotted Cow at almost every bar I went to. Very very very drinkable cream ale. All of their fruit beers are out of this world!
I recently had those two beers the serendipity and raspberry tart. I thought they tasted like candy fruit flavors rather than real fruit. I guess I was expecting something closer to a fruit lambic (not lindemans). After drinking stuff like Cascade, and Russian River for US sourced fruit sours I was left saying "what's the big deal with this New Glarus stuff?"

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I recently had those two beers the serendipity and raspberry tart. I thought they tasted like candy fruit flavors rather than real fruit. I guess I was expecting something closer to a fruit lambic (not lindemans). After drinking stuff like Cascade, and Russian River for US sourced fruit sours I was left saying "what's the big deal with this New Glarus stuff?"
I did pick that candy fruit up that you were saying as well. I have a young pallet and those flavors I find pleasing, and I thought the tartness worked well with it made them good beers.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
They were/are good don't get me wrong, but it was one of those hype things. My friend and I heard so much about them and when we finally drank some we were left wanting.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I did pick that candy fruit up that you were saying as well. I have a young pallet and those flavors I find pleasing, and I thought the tartness worked well with it made them good beers.
Serendipity ... I had this at a bottle share and we all agreed it tasted like a cherry Luden's cough drop.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Yeah! I couldn't get over how much it tasted like candy flavoring vs real fruit. I do not get the nearly 100 pt ratings on BA. Then again good solid beer tends to get alright scores and rare or htf gets near perfect ratings. I will stick to my natural cherries and real sour beers from other breweries.