What's new

Beer O da day!

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
New Belgium Fat Tire. I like this beer. Any recommendations for other Belgian Ales?

I consider Fat Tire more of an American amber than a Belgian style... If you want to pursue more Belgian styles definitely grab Ommegang Three Philosophers, anything from Chimay, if you can find it Boulevard Tank 7, Saison DuPont if you can find it in a brown bottle instead of green, any St Bernardus. The dubbels and quads tend to be sweeter and pair well with cigars. Trippels can be dry and tart and not as good with a cigar but it all depends on your tastes. Saison is one of my personal favorite styles but it seems to be either an acquired taste, or love/hate situation with the style. Saison yeast is very "funky" with lots of phenolics and definitely not an ideal cigar pairing beer but goes very well with spicy food.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I consider Fat Tire more of an American amber than a Belgian style... If you want to pursue more Belgian styles definitely grab Ommegang Three Philosophers, anything from Chimay, if you can find it Boulevard Tank 7, Saison DuPont if you can find it in a brown bottle instead of green, any St Bernardus. The dubbels and quads tend to be sweeter and pair well with cigars. Trippels can be dry and tart and not as good with a cigar but it all depends on your tastes. Saison is one of my personal favorite styles but it seems to be either an acquired taste, or love/hate situation with the style. Saison yeast is very "funky" with lots of phenolics and definitely not an ideal cigar pairing beer but goes very well with spicy food.
Thanks!