What's new

Beer O da day!

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I finished laying the rest of the Hardibacker in the hallway and was rewarded with large patches of blue sky. So, I'm sitting on the deck again, this time with a Jet Star Imperial IPA from No-Li Brewhouse in Spokane, WA. "Combat" bottling at 1 pint, 6 ounces with a firm but friendly 8.1% ABV and 115 IBUs.

The hops in this one have a forest-like herbal quality...earth, humus, fall leaves, and a slight leathery undertone that's suggestive of tobacco. It pairs quite nicely with my El Rico Habano...well...it has to. I can't seem to stop buying the damn things!

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Quilter's Irish Death by Iron Horse Brewery in Ellensburg, WA.

I bought a growler of it from our neighborhood warehouse store...like Sam's or Costco but locally owned. The pour is a rich brown-black color with hints of copper 'round the edges and it sports a very modest head. Not even a finger's width. The body is much lighter than the color suggests but it still has a good mouthfeel. I get virtually no hoppiness but it's forward with sweet, toasted malt flavors, maybe some molasses, and a bit of chocolate. It hides the 8% ABV very well and it goes down easily on a fall day.