What's new

Beer O da day!

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If you only have the opportunity to buy a "want to try" that is in the cooler, but it will reach room temperature before you get it home, do you buy and re chill it, or is this voodoo?

beerindex

Ticker of beer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you only have the opportunity to buy a "want to try" that is in the cooler, but it will reach room temperature before you get it home, do you buy and re chill it, or is this voodoo?
As most beer is meant to be consumed at closer to room temperature than fridge temperature, I sure as hell wouldn't be re-chilling it if I wanted to drink it right then.

beerindex

Ticker of beer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to have a second beer for once,

To Evil Twin's credit, this tastes exactly like a moderately hoppy Arnold Palmer. Not as good as the Old Fashioned Lemonade IPA (which if they regularly produced fresh batches and could halve the price, I'd buy regularly), but decidedly better than the Pink Lemonade IPA.

beerindex

Ticker of beer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hit and miss with lambics. Sometimes I really like them... Sometimes not so much. This is the time of year I usually seem to enjoy them though. How was the Kriek?
Just an FYI, but the Kriek, like most Lindemans beers you'll find stateside, is not a real lambic, because it gets artificially sweetened. If you want the genuine article, the only two Lindeman beers sold in the US that fit the bill are the Lindemans Oude Gueuze Cuvée René and the Lindemans Oude Kriek Cuvée René. FWIW, the Oude Kriek is quite good, and significantly preferable to the foil-wrapped Kriek pictured above. (Note: they do have the occasional limited release that is similarly authentic, but they require mail-ordering from Europe, unlike the two I mentioned.) Lindeman's aside, if you want authentic lambic in the US, you should be looking for beers from 3 Fonteinen, Cantillon, Tilquin, and De Caam. Failing that, there are some less appealing options from Boon, Oud Beersel, and Girardin. Outside the US there are a few other special brewers and/or blenders who make solid stuff too, Bokkereyder and Uli being prime examples, but getting their stuff is a massive hassle at best. Apologies if you know all this; just trying to be helpful. If you or anybody else needs/wants more info, feel free to send me a PM.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Just an FYI, but the Kriek, like most Lindemans beers you'll find stateside, is not a real lambic, because it gets artificially sweetened. If you want the genuine article, the only two Lindeman beers sold in the US that fit the bill are the Lindemans Oude Gueuze Cuvée René and the Lindemans Oude Kriek Cuvée René. FWIW, the Oude Kriek is quite good, and significantly preferable to the foil-wrapped Kriek pictured above. (Note: they do have the occasional limited release that is similarly authentic, but they require mail-ordering from Europe, unlike the two I mentioned.) Lindeman's aside, if you want authentic lambic in the US, you should be looking for beers from 3 Fonteinen, Cantillon, Tilquin, and De Caam. Failing that, there are some less appealing options from Boon, Oud Beersel, and Girardin. Outside the US there are a few other special brewers and/or blenders who make solid stuff too, Bokkereyder and Uli being prime examples, but getting their stuff is a massive hassle at best. Apologies if you know all this; just trying to be helpful. If you or anybody else needs/wants more info, feel free to send me a PM.
Still a decent kriek, and chasing beer these days is lame. Easier to get what’s close by

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
The true lambics you mentioned are extremely difficult to find near me and if you do find one its $35+ for a 750ml bottle. Like Chuck, I've lost interest in chasing whales with so much good local beer around now. Boon Oude Gueze is one of my favorites because it follows traditional lambic processes, is pretty easy to find, and I can get a 750 for $12.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk