What's new

Beer O da day!

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
We have a “neighborhood” brewery down the road in Eagle River: Odd Man Rush Brewing. They recently announced a new batch of Mammoth Dust, a New England IPA and I stopped in on the way home to try it out and a growler followed me home.

This beer was originally brewed for The Boneyard in Fairbanks...an outfit that collects Alaskan fossils such as short faced bear, sabre tooth tiger, and of course, wooly mammoth. To make the beer unique to them, they added ground up mammoth tusk. So, Mammoth Dust. Gimmick aside, it’s a very nice beer: light bodied, hazy, with a fine, persistent head, and mouth watering citrus flavors. I like it a lot.

I’m having some tonight with a Perla Del Mar. Not the most thoughtful pairing but it’s pleasant all the same.

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
B95DB823-3875-44FB-A5BB-EB4EEAA9B7CB.jpeg Had a shitty day so the wife dropped one in the cart at Costco and told me to cheer up. In the top 3 reds I’ve ever had. Good hop flavor...cascade maybe...nice malt, and a solid 6.6% abc to give it some balls. I’m shocked to find something this good at Costco. I’ve heard thier liquors are well curated but never thought much of it. Got a membership two weeks ago and am still exploring. I’ll go back to grab a few more of these for fall.

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
View attachment 124300 Had a shitty day so the wife dropped one in the cart at Costco and told me to cheer up. In the top 3 reds I’ve ever had. Good hop flavor...cascade maybe...nice malt, and a solid 6.6% abc to give it some balls. I’m shocked to find something this good at Costco. I’ve heard thier liquors are well curated but never thought much of it. Got a membership two weeks ago and am still exploring. I’ll go back to grab a few more of these for fall.
Their generic liquors are well received in my household, generic red label is pretty solid, especially at 35 a handle lol

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
View attachment 124300 Had a shitty day so the wife dropped one in the cart at Costco and told me to cheer up. In the top 3 reds I’ve ever had. Good hop flavor...cascade maybe...nice malt, and a solid 6.6% abc to give it some balls. I’m shocked to find something this good at Costco. I’ve heard thier liquors are well curated but never thought much of it. Got a membership two weeks ago and am still exploring. I’ll go back to grab a few more of these for fall.
Alesmith makes some really good beers. I always keep a few bottles of their Speedway Stout in my fridge.