What's new

Beer O da day!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
While the amazing sticks that @BloodWood sent me shall be properly acclimated in the tupperdor and savored over time as is their proper due...the beers he also generously sent need no such acclimatization to our hellish tropical humidity. Therefore I shall enjoy one NOW. And what a tasty treat it is!

As @icehog3 silently thinks "Thank goodness Bloodwood sent this guy some quality brews...otherwise we would be treated to an unending series of pictures of Modelo/Natty Light in various water-adjacent locales for the duration of the summer" :LOL: :LOL:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
As @icehog3 silently thinks "Thank goodness Bloodwood sent this guy some quality brews...otherwise we would be treated to an unending series of pictures of Modelo/Natty Light in various water-adjacent locales for the duration of the summer" :LOL: :LOL:
The Belching Beaver looks super tasty.... @BloodWood knows his beers! Now an occasional Negra Modelo is great. Some of the others will just lead me to taunt you a second time . :LOL:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The Belching Beaver looks super tasty.... @BloodWood knows his beers! Now an occasional Negra Modelo is great. Some of the others will just lead me to taunt you a second time . :LOL:

Hahaha! :LOL: By way of explanation, the Modelo/Natty thing is usually only a hot weather thing. We do a LOT of beach trips and backyard stuff in the brutal heat and I found that anything other than low ABV, and anything remotely hopped tends to make me feel gross. It's force of habit to just pick up the old standbys. BUT, I have discovered some very nice Kolsches/Pilsners/Lagers from local craft brewers (as well as many radlers) that would just as easily fit that bill. In short, I need to stop being lazy. :LOL:

Once fall/winter rolls around, that's when I tend to knock back the porters/IPAs/all others. Funny enough, port and scotch are also almost exclusively cool-weather drinks too. Hmmm. I need to break this little routine methinks...

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
That Peanut Butter Stout makes for a great transition beer (read- people averse to darks, namely porters and stouts).
A few of my wife's nurses were soundly converted after I offered to buy a few 'just try it' rounds.
To: Dang, that was really good!

I'm with you Carlos, it's hard work drinking a stout on a hot day.
During warmer times a beer with a refreshing hint of fruit hits the spot.
Also, all of Stone's hazies are great. Hell, everything they produce is great.

Like cigars I just drink what I like, and it pretty much stops there.
For a true connoisseur look no further than Joe (@WestCoastIPA).

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Day #3 of Bloodwood Beer Extravaganza! This just gets better and better. Pours out lovely and thick. Oh so malty! Raisins, molasses, caramel and toast. This would go wonderfully with a La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor or maybe a Hemingway Maduro. YUM.

And now for the rest of the story...I had been meaning to try this beer for the LONGEST time but just never got around to it. However, being an ardent supporter of all things sasquatch, I have owned the promotional keychain for several years. Funny how these things go, isn't it?

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That Peanut Butter Stout makes for a great transition beer (read- people averse to darks, namely porters and stouts).
A few of my wife's nurses were soundly converted after I offered to buy a few 'just try it' rounds.
To: Dang, that was really good!

I'm with you Carlos, it's hard work drinking a stout on a hot day.
During warmer times a beer with a refreshing hint of fruit hits the spot.
Also, all of Stone's hazies are great. Hell, everything they produce is great.

Like cigars I just drink what I like, and it pretty much stops there.
For a true connoisseur look no further than Joe (@WestCoastIPA).
That does make perfect sense about the transition beer thing. My guess is that most people's introduction to a dark beer/stout, myself included, was good old Guinness. I like it pretty well, but I get how it could be a bit off-putting if you're used to lighter fare or macros.

Speaking of that....have you had Shiner Bock? It is the transition beer that IIRC kinda started it all in Texas and got lots of people out of that Bud/Miller comfort zone. It's inoffensively light-bodied in spite of its appearance and while I'm not as super enamored with it as many, I consider it decent and a definite step up from the ol' macros. I'd be curious as to your take on it. Now that we have so many awesome local breweries, it kinda lost its status as "the alternative" but it still is a mainstay. Oddly enough, it's almost as common to cook with it around here as it is to drink it....

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
@Texican , it's nice to see @BloodWood hooking you up with some excellent beers. That Yeti Imperial Stout is delicious. And frankly when left to your own devices, some of your beer choices freak me out a little....not as much as your tangerine vodka and chocolate bourbon, but still a little. ;)

That's more than fair. :LOL: