What's new

Beer O da day!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
And the last of the Bloodwood beers. I'd say it is undoubtedly my favorite! There is so much going on here. Hoppiness as expected, but restrained. And am I tasting mango? Pineapple? Friggin delicious.

@BloodWood - both of the hazys you sent had the whole "hoppy but not overwhelming and kinda citrusy/fruitish". Is that a thing specific to hazy IPAs? I do believe I am a convert. Dabbled in IPAs but always found them to be a "once in a while" beer because they were always overwhelmingly mouth-drying hoppy. But these I could drink all the time.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
And the last of the Bloodwood beers. I'd say it is undoubtedly my favorite! There is so much going on here. Hoppiness as expected, but restrained. And am I tasting mango? Pineapple? Friggin delicious.

View attachment 162294

@BloodWood - both of the hazys you sent had the whole "hoppy but not overwhelming and kinda citrusy/fruitish". Is that a thing specific to hazy IPAs? I do believe I am a convert. Dabbled in IPAs but always found them to be a "once in a while" beer because they were always overwhelmingly mouth-drying hoppy. But these I could drink all the time.
The Bat is one of my favs too; in my top three.
From what I've been told that bitter astringent taste (which I can not stand) is the work of the Alpha Acids in the hops
Beers above 50 IBUs I tend to shy away from.
I was never an IPA fan until Joe (@WestCoastIPA) explained that hazy IPAs tend to be less hoppy, and my tongue agrees.
That toned down citrusy/fruitish taste is the exact reason I love hazies.
Good to hear you enjoyed it. (y)

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Met a friend out at a local brewhouse to enjoy the weather and some suds.

I had a St Maarrten (IPA - Imperial / Double Milkshake). While normally I am not a fan of IPAs, this one had a citrus sweetness that cut the hoppiness quite a bit.

Sandwiched around the IPA I had two Pipefitter American Porters. Much more my style.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
So, we're all in agreement?
"Bitter hoppiness sucks skunk ass"
100%. Hops can add a wonderful aspect to beer...but not if they make it taste like a pine needle/grapefruit peel smoothie.
Brad and Carlos, I couldn't agree more. I shy away from 98% of IPAs because I just can't stand that pine flavor. I'd rather suck a skunk's ass.

OK, maybe that's pushing it too far. :LOL: