What's new

Beer O da day!

TheDudeAbides

I got an awesome sound...
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Orval! I had to drink it to pour the bottle sediment into the beer I just made that I hope comes close to having a similar flavor to Orval.
You inspired me to grab one of these today. Haven't had any in a while, and this was one of my favorite Belgians when I first really got into good beer.
A votre sante!
-Dude

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
This one was at a disadvantage, as it followed a bold, syrupy-thick beer in the Boogoop....

But it stood on it's own. The Rye is definitely present....and it has a dry finish to it like no other IPA i've encountered as a result.

Not certain if I like it enough to buy more, and definitely need to try it again on a fresh palate. 5 more in this 6'er to work through...but as of right now, i'd give it a B, B+....and say it's certainly worth a try.

Attachments

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I liked Ruthless Rye... Hebrew Brewing RIPA is better. Buy Ruthless if you want the watered down version I guess.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I will be buying more Ur-Weisse!!! That stuff is literally cream soda and caramel with alcohol hidden in it. Simply delicious! Thank you for the recommendation jolietilfire!

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Enjoying a Tallgrass Velvet Rooster - a Belgian-Style Tripel Ale. This is a brewery from my hometown of Manhattan, KS.
They distribute 3 of the brews to MS. Only the ale, buffalo sweat and ipa. Not a bad offering considering the state of ms alcohol laws.

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I got to Foothills Brewing at 4:30AM, and was #130 in line. I finally got thru the door to buy Sexual Chocolate 2011 at 9:45AM. I got my four bottle limit!
I saw you on Uptappd drinking early in the morning and was wondering what you were up too. That's commitment right there Larry :thumbsup: Enjoy them!

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Let them settle after their trip... Now I'm enjoying a Hopslam. Very nice! Loving the hops & pineapple/mango/orange characteristics in this beer!

TheDudeAbides

I got an awesome sound...
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Rogue Portland State IPA (just re-labeled Brutal Bitter)...

Easily one of my favorite Rogue brews.
The brutal bitter is probably their best brew, excepting maybe the double mocha porter, but that bottle has a picture of a bicycle on it, I believe, and I'm thoroughly over the Portland bicycle thing. They make driving nearly impossible, and "super entitled bicycle guy" gives me heartburn. Buy a damn car, hippies.
-Dude
(Get bitter when I been drinkin')