What's new

Beer O da day!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Real pilsners shouldn't be hoppy. I can lead you along the true Pilsner path if you need a guide. ;)(y)
This is also something that I feel strongly about. When I grab a pilsner, it is specifically because I DON'T want hoppy. I want clean, refreshing, something that I can reach for in 100 degree heat. There can be *some* hops in there, but they should be more like that one secret ingredient in your aunt's potato salad that nobody can quite place, that you can't explicitly pick up on, but that makes it a little more delicious. They should NOT be front and center, overwhelming, and hit you over the head.

That said @Jakethesnake have you taken Carlsberg for a spin? I also recommend Scrimshaw. Two great pilsners that have a ton of flavor but little hoppiness.

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
This is also something that I feel strongly about. When I grab a pilsner, it is specifically because I DON'T want hoppy. I want clean, refreshing, something that I can reach for in 100 degree heat. There can be *some* hops in there, but they should be more like that one secret ingredient in your aunt's potato salad that nobody can quite place, that you can't explicitly pick up on, but that makes it a little more delicious. They should NOT be front and center, overwhelming, and hit you over the head.

That said @Jakethesnake have you taken Carlsberg for a spin? I also recommend Scrimshaw. Two great pilsners that have a ton of flavor but little hoppiness.
Carlos, I gotta disagree with you on the Scrimshaw. I bought one 6er and never bought another one cuz I thought it was to hoppy.
Of course we all taste things differently like cigars, so it's definitely worth a try.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Carlos, I gotta disagree with you on the Scrimshaw. I bought one 6er and never bought another one cuz I thought it was to hoppy.
Of course we all taste things differently like cigars, so it's definitely worth a try.
Hahaha, that's fair! That stings too because they are proud of their beer...saw a Scrimshaw sixer for like $15 last weekend.

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Hahaha, that's fair! That stings too because they are proud of their beer...saw a Scrimshaw sixer for like $15 last weekend.
First off...Carlos "The Beer Pusher" is responsible for this Scrimshaw 6er I bought.
Excellent, but there is a bit of a pale ale taste here, but not nearly as hoppy as I remember, so I apologize for my disagreement Carlos.
Very good brew. It still doesn't scream 100% Euro pils, but I really enjoyed it.
I bought this 6er for $12 bucks today Carlos, so you must be getting charged a Texas import tax.
Fun fact: I grew up just south of Fort Bragg, and was considering moving there or Georgia, but no properties available in FB.
...carry on!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
10   0   0

No sir. Haven’t had either

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Ronin Fermentation Project 'Delayed by Fog'. Probably the last one I'll have. He does ship so I might have to take him up on that. Excellent Hazy!
(a pathetic Truckee Laundry wetsuit cuz I lost my stellar Buc-ees wetsuit.:confused: Thank God there's a Buc-ees just south of the new casa.)

Last edited: