What's new

Beer O da day!

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
I just finished a bottle of the 11/12 Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout; it's as good as last years. Gonna have to get a case to sample and age. Moved onto a Victory Storm King with a shot of Cabin Fever whiskey dumped in it. Trying it after having been told about this variation of a boilermaker, so far so good. My ears a little warm though:bottle:.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
And what's the verdict in your opinion on this one Angelo? I haven't tried it yet..

Although I have bought several sixers of that Anderson Valley Hop Ottin I saw you post a pic of a while back. Made for a great camping IPA seeing as it came in the can!
a hoppy black ale made by stone = two thumbs up

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Yes....the Orval was the most "unique" of the 3 as I recall. I only had one...and I'm going back for my second try at it after this Westmalle is gone, so we'll see if my initial opinion holds true.
Luckily for me Orval seems to be a slow mover. Since I like that unique brett flavor it's perfect. I'd like to get a full case when I get out of school and sample the bottles through the years from fairly fresh to 3+ years of age.

I have a bottle waiting to be drank. I pick up one or two every time I see it.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Luckily for me Orval seems to be a slow mover. Since I like that unique brett flavor it's perfect. I'd like to get a full case when I get out of school and sample the bottles through the years from fairly fresh to 3+ years of age.

I have a bottle waiting to be drank. I pick up one or two every time I see it.
"brett flavor" huh?....is that the sorda almost wild flower taste I get in this? Not sure if that's the best explanation..but that's the first thing that comes to mind anyway...lol. It's good, and I enjoy it. But I still prefer the Westmalle.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Started off with draft Terrapin/Schmaltz Reunion Ale 2011, then draft Rogue IPA, decided to get festive with some Hiner Brau Octoberfest, let someone order me a Stone Imperial Russian Stout, had an Ommegang Belgian Pale Ale, some german beer, then a Ommegang Abbey Ale.

That sums up my day of beer :rofl:

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Took a picture of one of the beers just for posterity sake and this thread :rofl: I believe this was the Ommegang Belgian Pale Ale.

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
And for today I've had Lagunitas - Hop Stoopid, Great Divide - Hercules Double IPA and finishing off with Founders - Breakfast Stout.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Took a picture of one of the beers just for posterity sake and this thread :rofl: I believe this was the Ommegang Belgian Pale Ale.

Ommegang is awsome. I was going to school in Vermont when they fired up the brewery in Cooperstown, NY. I remember it as a big deal. They were marketing themselves as the first american brewery making true belium brew. How true I don't know. But all their prodects I love.

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Ommegang is awsome. I was going to school in Vermont when they fired up the brewery in Cooperstown, NY. I remember it as a big deal. They were marketing themselves as the first american brewery making true belium brew. How true I don't know. But all their prodects I love.
I haven't been disappointed yet. Only had their abbey ale and belgian pale ale so far. But have a bomber of the aphrodite waiting to be drank as well.

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Started off with a gifted can of Ska Brewing - Modus Hoperandi. Now onto Tin Roof Brewing - Perfect Tin Amber.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Drinking a Buffalo Trace spiked Appalachian Brewing Company Susquehanna Stout. The beer is from the brewery I work at. It's a low alcohol dry stout which aren't exactly common in the current brewery environment.