What's new

Beer O da day!

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
My God at the head on the L&L!!

I'm at Mint the Restaurant about to enjoy some firking from Tallgrass Brewery.
Some kind of special cask ale.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I just opened a 'T Gaverhopke Extra Belgian Dark Strong. It's a 12.5% abv beer but it is surprisingly well hidden alcohol. The beer is lighter than I think typical of this style of beer but very delicious. I also saved the last ounce or so of the bottle to see if I can culture up the yeast. Sure in a 12.5% beer the yeast won't be very healthy or viable but I have ways of coaxing the little yeasties in my school lab.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Night before last....I had an Ommegang Three Philosophers.
Last night.....was my first try at Deschutes The Stoic.

Hands down winner IMO of this little Quad battle was the Stoic. Very impressed w/ it and need to pick some more up now. Flavors were excellent and outshined the 3 Philosopher significantly...and that's coming from a person whose always really enjoyed the 3 Phils. The Stoic surprised me though, and in a good way!

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Heading out of town for the weekend, and bringing along a nice Stout sampler for the fall weekend getaway....

Here's whats comin' with.

Only had one bottle of the KBS when it was last released, and it was magnificent. Curious to see what 6-7 months has done to it....as well as a full year of age for the Abyss.

Attachments

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I am stopping at a few liquor stores in search of Founder's CBS(Canadian Breakfast Stout). It's an Imperial Stout brewed with chocolate and coffee and aged in maple syrup bourbon barrels!

Otherwise I like the Mikkellar Black Hole series where they are aged in different types of barrels. I really like the one aged in tequila barrels.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I am stopping at a few liquor stores in search of Founder's CBS(Canadian Breakfast Stout). It's an Imperial Stout brewed with chocolate and coffee and aged in maple syrup bourbon barrels!

Otherwise I like the Mikkellar Black Hole series where they are aged in different types of barrels. I really like the one aged in tequila barrels.
Good luck with the CBS. If you find a store that has multiples, I'd love to trade for one. As far as the Mikkeller, I don't think I had the Tequila one yet but really enjoyed the Cognac one.

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
had another dogfish head punkin ale last night to start things off right followed by ballast point big eye IPA, which was surpring! Both very nice beers! Nothing tonight Im afraid as I am on call at the hospital again!

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Good luck with the CBS. If you find a store that has multiples, I'd love to trade for one. As far as the Mikkeller, I don't think I had the Tequila one yet but really enjoyed the Cognac one.
I found a liquor store in Green Bay that had all Mikkeller Black Holes but at $13.99 it was too expensive to get all them.

No Founder's CBS but I did get a six pack of Tyranena's seasonal Down 'n Out which is a chocolate oatmeal stout and a four pack of New Glarus Unplugged chocolate abbey.

I am all set for the Brewers to beat the D'Backs!!!

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Drank an Arcadia Ales Big Dick's Olde Ale. It was alright to have while brewing.

Then I went to the Troeg's final day of their tasting room being open in the Harrisburg. On tap they had their wet hop Citra IPA, and a firkin of the same. It was like tropical fruit flavored hop candy in a glass. Very delicious with strong tropical fruit flavors from that hop. I knew it had some intense flavors but being as fresh as they were when brewed it was more intense. The flavor is almost overwhelming but it's addictive.

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Had a Russian River Temptation earlier today. Liked it, but going forward I'll choose sour's with some cherries or blackberries or something along those lines added to it.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Finishing off some cans of Tin Roof Brewery - Perfect Tin amber. Great beer from a small brewery out of Baton Rouge. I just wanted something to pound back today since my day has went to hell.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I'm still learning to travel on the "Darkside"....IPA's!

I have found two that I'm extremely fond of...."Seeing Double" by Foothills Brewing and "Up the Creek Extreme" by Thomas Creek Brewery.

Sours....love them!

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Stone Belgo Anise RIS...

Not feeling the Belgian yeast in this whatsoever.

Only a few sips in, but just not digging this one at all.

Especially on the heels of what was a very nice Founders Breakfast Stout.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Stone Belgo Anise RIS...

Not feeling the Belgian yeast in this whatsoever.

Only a few sips in, but just not digging this one at all.

Especially on the heels of what was a very nice Founders Breakfast Stout.
Now I do love the Stone Belgo Anise but you are right, that is most definately a tough act to follow when it comes to a Founders Breakfast Stout.

I finished my last two of the 2010 batch yesterday for lunch with a NHC Surrogates Skull Crusher! :cbig: