What's new

Beer O da day!

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Found out there was a Founders event at a bar not too far from me so I checked it out tonight and I am glad it did! Had some Curmudgeon’s Better Half and the regular Curmudgeon. I was really looking forward to trying the Better Half and i wasnt disappointed!

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Just got off work and now heading to the gym for a hour or two. I have a bottle of St. Bernardus Abt 12 waiting for me when I get back :)

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Changed my mind and went with a .5L of Hofbräu Original.

This beer is the most drinkable beer I have ever drank. The taste is delicious and the beer goes down smoother than water. This stuff is awesome for drinking in mass quantities, its just so easy to drink. As a fraternity man I can see myself drinking lots of this in the future if I want to get beer drunk. Now I see why German's consume so much of this German water.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Drinking a homebrewed sour saison. I must have angered the bacteria when I bottled it, because it became viscous again due to the bacterial mix. It's downright delicious but thicker than it should be.

Will revisit in six months.

Lorax429

Dagum
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Come home from work. Pour a beer off draft. Man this will never get old. :D

My home brewed pale ale which IMHO has turned out fabulous.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Cigar City - Marshal Zhukov's Imperial Stout... Dark Chocolate & expresso with a hint of dark cherries. So thick & chewy. What an awesome beer!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
He said nose feel..........did you dip your nose in the head?
:devil:
I really love drinking a good beer in the middle of the day...I'm enjoying a Gravitation Ale – Brewed by Smuttynose Brewing Company

ABV: 12%

Picked up from the Smuttynose Brewery by my friend, Joe Pais as a Gift.

Size: Bomber Bottle

Bottle Conditioned: 2011

“Gravitation is a Belgian Style Quadrupel Ale that was first released in January 2009 and is the newest offering in the Smuttynose Big Beer Series. This big, dark ale is brewed using a variety of Belgian speciality malts along with 200 pounds of raisin puree per batch. This beer has a starting gravity of 23 degrees Plato.”

Gravitation Ale poured with a large frothy tan head and was a stunning Ruby Red in color. Initial smell was that of Sweet Malts. I also detected Caramel in the nose feel.

The resulting flavor is a vicous mix of dark fruit, rum, toffee and raisins, all balanced with the aromatic fruitiness of the Belgian yeast that was used during the brewing process. This Ale started and ended on the sweet side with a pleasnt creamy mouthfeel. I felt like I also got a nice rum flavor during the tasting.

Buy Again: At $6.99 for a Bomber Bottle and it’s 12% abv this Ale has a nice future in my purchase history.

Overall Rating: I would be doing Gravitation Ale a disservice if I didn’t give it a perfect 10 out of 10.