What's new

Beer O da day!

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Rogue - Dirtoir Black Lager

Struise brouwers - Black Albert Royal Stout. A kick at 13% abv but very sweet. Has dark chocolate undertones but it's overwhelmed by dark cherries & raisins shining through.

Last edited:

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Dogfish Head 90 minute....

Too much malt, too much sweetness, and the booze is more present than the actual hops.

I'm over this one, but had to get a 4 pack again just to be certain. Felt the same way after my last 4 pack....but here we are.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Last day of beers for me until next Friday...so i'm gettin' while the gettin' is good..

Green Flash West Coast IPA. This is the beez kneez...and I put it perhaps even a head above the Racer 5. Just a little heavier mouthfeel, and a very nice malt balance on this one...even though it's minimal. We're splitting hairs though, cause they're both fantastic.

Lorax429

Dagum
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Nitro milk stout. Now, where do I get more?! What a great beer I think.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
I found I prefer the regular version. I feel like the nitro muddles the flavor. It flattens it out some if that makes any sense. Still, I wouldn't turn one down all the same.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Tonight I started with a Black Sheep Monty Python's Holy Grail Ale.

I bought it just for the novelty factor because MP&THG is one of my all time favorite movies. Well the beer is VERY smooth. Very simple and kinda boring on the pallet but it has a nice ale taste for a budget beer. More Carmel flavor than hops, but thats what I prefer.

Would I buy again? No, unless I am watching MP and then it should be the beer of choice. But all in all it wasn't that bad.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Glad to see I'm not the only one who picked up some of the Holy Grail ale. Nothing spectacular, I agree. But I'm one of the movie's biggest fans, so I just HAD to get it. Still have one sitting in the fridge. The other 5 have given me caramel flavors too, but even more banana bread flavors. Twas interesting.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Beer 2 of the night is Left Hand "Fade To Black Volume 3 - Pepper Porter"

I was expecting a blast of pepper from this beer, given the name, but the underlining flavor I picked up on is a pretty bitter DRY dark chocolate if that makes any sense. The beer is VERY tasty and at 7.5% ABV goes down remarkably smooth for what it is. There are hints of pepper but its more chocolatey from my experience(Still beer newb). The pepper shows up more on the after taste as a heat sensation in the back of your mouth such as smoking a Dirty Rat will do. This beer is unique to me and I enjoyed it. Its worth checking out and buying one if you find it in stock.

TheDudeAbides

I got an awesome sound...
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Toying with the black and tan concept for breakfast this morning.
First was Guinness draught with Red hook ESB. Nice but missing "something".
Next was Guinness with Lagunitas Ipa. Much better.
And all this before lunch. Unemployment has its virtues.
-Dude™