What's new

Beer O da day!

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I've been slacking...so here's a couple as I try to play beer catchup...

For you Canadians that haven't or can't get a hold of Pliny...this Driftwood Fat Tug isn't too far off IMO. Citrus & pine w/ a definite floral component to it. A very, very nice IPA..

And the Founders Double Trouble seems to be a rather under the radar DIPA. I quite prefer this beer to MANY of the other Doubles i've had in the past...to include Hopslam, and more recently the SN Hoptimum. Neither were bad by any means, I just enjoyed the Double Trouble more. The hops comes through nicely, and it's got a good balance as well. Definitely not overly malty as can frequently be the case in the Double/Triple IPA formats. I'd buy the Hoptimum again as well, but it's almost too intense IMO. A good one for those nights when one or two beers will do, which is NOT tonight..lol.

Attachments

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
KPP, where is the KBS, thought you'd not be able to resist!

Schlafly Reserve, barrel aged - Imperial Stout 2010.

Nice and smooth, not as "imperial" as I thought. At 10.5 abv I can't even detect a hint of booze.

Attachments

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
HA!...well, I suppose I could've drank one at room temp since they haven't had any time to chill...but as hard to come by as that beer is....it's one I don't mind being patient with. They'll get drank though, count on it! :bottle:

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
^ love that beer....

At dinner w/ the wife. Food was fantastic, lobster pot stickers, kal-bi beef ribs, soy ginger noodles & curry mac salad...

Beer however, was lame..

Deschutes chain breaker IPA. Don't waste your time.

aquarich

BoM March '11
Rating - 100%
205   0   0

Schlafly Reserve, barrel aged - Imperial Stout 2010.

Nice and smooth, not as "imperial" as I thought. At 10.5 abv I can't even detect a hint of booze.
I also had this yesterday. Nice beer. Thanks MU.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
And the Founders Double Trouble seems to be a rather under the radar DIPA. I quite prefer this beer to MANY of the other Doubles i've had in the past...to include Hopslam, and more recently the SN Hoptimum. Neither were bad by any means, I just enjoyed the Double Trouble more. The hops comes through nicely, and it's got a good balance as well. Definitely not overly malty as can frequently be the case in the Double/Triple IPA formats. I'd buy the Hoptimum again as well, but it's almost too intense IMO. A good one for those nights when one or two beers will do, which is NOT tonight..lol.
I agree on the Double Trouble. A very nice and hoppy lemon/citrus profile. I can't comment on the Hoptimum as SN didn't give any to NOLA this year, again. And well, the Hopslam is just a big, malty boozy mess of an IPA and I loved it :starrylov

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I've drank a lot today, but this is the standout and what I'm finishing with.

Ballast Point - Imperial Porter Victory At Sea... Tons of coffee and dark chocolate on the nose. Same goes with the taste except a vanilla finish. Wow!

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0

Ballast Point - Imperial Porter Victory At Sea... Tons of coffee and dark chocolate on the nose. Same goes with the taste except a vanilla finish. Wow!

Good to hear Cliff...

I have yet to crack in to my couple of bottles. I need to track down some Sea Monster as well. Ballast Point makes some nice stuff.

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
sipping on a quite tasty bomber of outer darkness..

cant wait for ballast to come to Texas ! especially that their victory, Mmmmm :)

Rating - 100%
5   0   0

Great beer! If you get the chance, try Sea Monster by Ballast Point. I still prefer Victory at Sea but Sea Monster is damn good too!