What's new

Beer O da day!

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
How are you likin' this one Dan? I've seen it plenty, but never purchased. I was worried it be too sweet for my liking...much like the Raison D'etre is for me.
I liked it. Different though and certainly didn't alter my perception on life. More Mead-like with the honey notes, but not as sweet. Not something I would drink all the time, but for a change of pace not bad. I was curious about it given the story behind it. Now I know :grin:.

Dan

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Lindemans Cuvee Rene Gueuze

Very light, and crisp...w/ some mid-level tartness. 1st beer I've ever pop'd the cap only to then find a cork underneath. I'd buy this again, as it would be a great beer to start off a backyard bbq drink/smoke-a-thon with.

Rating - 100%
63   0   0

This was awesome and proof positive that beer can age well. My friend bought it in 2000 and has had it in a wine fridge ever since.

It was the best beer of the night, and we had plenty of good ones (Odell's Bourbon Barrel Stout; Founders Imperial Stout; Boulevard Rye-on-Rye).

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Lindemans Cuvee Rene Gueuze

Very light, and crisp...w/ some mid-level tartness. 1st beer I've ever pop'd the cap only to then find a cork underneath. I'd buy this again, as it would be a great beer to start off a backyard bbq drink/smoke-a-thon with.
I actually love that beer plus it's readily found in many stores.

Today I'm drinking Saison Voisin. It's okay. I can't tell if it has a brett mustiness or if its oxidation.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Terrapin Beer Co. - Monk's Revenge ... Loving this Belgian IPA. The fruits/spices balance well with the hop finish.