What's new

Beer O da day!

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Having Orval. This beer is freaking weird. Its got the citrusy and hoppy flavors I was expecting but it has a yeast flavor that is like wheat bread almost. Weird flavor I haven't had in another beer before. The bowling pin shaped bottle is really awesome.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Galaxy White IPA - incredible, one of the best beers I've had this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P1030365.jpg

Southern Tier Creme Brulee (Imperial Milk Stout) - too sweet for me, waaaay too syrupy sweet....:barf:
P1030366.jpg

Coney Island Human Blockhead - I swear i picked up hints of the buffalo trace barrels it was aged in. fine beer.
P1030368.jpg

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Some BOTL O' Beer, the great Hurley edition, and '12 KBS last night with a 09 La Verite; thanks Justin!

This afternoon, a glass full of Rochefort 10....always enjoyable! Pairing nicely with an El Gran Rey robo, thanks Max!

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Finishing the evening drinking a Cuvee Des Jacobins Rouge, it's really good. Picked it up after my guy at the beer store told me he likes it better than the Duchesse, glad I took his recommendation.

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Matt, is that what I think it is? Ooooh boy.....betcha can't smoke just one.:eyepoke:

This afternoon, trying another new one.... in fact brand new. Hopping Frog Brewery's Sweet Evil Beglian-Style Barleywine Ale, the consensus at the Leaf is... "I'd drink it again." Smoking the '11 JGRELE Shade grown, tasty stogie goes well with the beer.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Actually had this a couple days ago, I thought it was fantastic especially for 6%. Liefmans also makes Fruitesse which is a very mellow 4% fruit beer instead of a sour but it has a ton of cherry/raspberry flavors. It pairs amazing with white and dark chocolates. If you like the Cuvee-Brut I would HIGHLY recommend trying some Fruitesse and doing a desert pairing with it.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Drinking a week in the bottle Grodziskie. Very interesting type of beer. I'm not sure how much it is like the original that ceased production in the 90s, but I am a fan of the flavor big time. You have to be a fan of smoked beer to appreciate this brew. It's made with 100% oak smoked wheat malt and has about 35ibus. Normally smoke and bitterness doesn't mesh well but this unique 4.5% abv brew has hop flavor and when combined with the smoke flavor it makes a rather refreshing beer.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Some beers I had over the weekend...

Spices at first then lemony hops with a slightly tart finish. I loved it :hearteyes

2009 Wake-n-Bake... Coffee calmed down but still very pronounced.

Phenominal old ale! I can see now why it always gets so much high praise.

The banana flavor wasn't as pronounced as I was hoping for.

Nice wheat beer, hit the spot after some higher abv beer.

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
For the day off hanging with Jonathon smoking cigars and drinking beer,
A couple of bottles of Lucky 13
Wells Banana Bread Beer slushy, stayed in the freezer too long. lol
and a couple of bottles of FW Double Jack.
Gonna need some water and food soon,feeling good.