What's new

Beer O da day!

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
305349_937204912166_1548247312_n.jpg

Here was my Saturday night session with my friend. We had more to go the the wives were getting tired. The Leifman's was awesome as was the supplication. The Sam Adams Red was a "that's it?!" type of beer. The Allagash Coolship was very similar to a traditional Belgian Lambic but just not quite there. It had a slight acetone note that I think with time and a more established microflora they will gain the complexity of the venerable Belgian lambics. The Hanssens Oudbeitje was the most sour of the bunch and I could barely taste strawberry. I was disappointed in the Peach Porch Lounger and I've grown to not be a fan of the flavor in any of the Lips of Faith series from New Belgium with the exception of La Folie. They all share a similar house flavor and I'm not fond of the murky musty flavor I get from the beers. It could be their brett strain/strains but eitherway I'll save my money from now on.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Such a shame Abita didn't go bolder. Still a good brown ale with vanilla hints.

Very good... Just enough sour.

2012 is tasting right

A gimmick and tasted like one.

Genius beer here

On the sweeter side and spices were very prevalent.

Poor example of what even a basic RIS should be.

If you love scotch, you'll love this.

Very good and hoppy... Worth a try

Festive...

I actually liked this... If you like tea or tea beers, give it a whirl.

A good offering from DFH.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Shout out to Firedoc! This was very good! I can't believe it's a homebrew and I'd pay good money for this in the stores :yes: You did an excellent job here :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
View attachment 27623

Here was my Saturday night session with my friend. We had more to go the the wives were getting tired. The Leifman's was awesome as was the supplication. The Sam Adams Red was a "that's it?!" type of beer. The Allagash Coolship was very similar to a traditional Belgian Lambic but just not quite there. It had a slight acetone note that I think with time and a more established microflora they will gain the complexity of the venerable Belgian lambics. The Hanssens Oudbeitje was the most sour of the bunch and I could barely taste strawberry. I was disappointed in the Peach Porch Lounger and I've grown to not be a fan of the flavor in any of the Lips of Faith series from New Belgium with the exception of La Folie. They all share a similar house flavor and I'm not fond of the murky musty flavor I get from the beers. It could be their brett strain/strains but eitherway I'll save my money from now on.
Very nice! Supplication is great! I've heard a lot of good things about Allagash Coolship. They do make some good beers. I think Allagash Curieux is excellent.

Rating - 100%
144   0   0
This, following a taste test of the new coffee stout homebrew...coming along nicely! The snow day was perfect as I just got in from shoveling the 5" we got today.
uploadfromtaptalk1356834502717.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Not that I'm aware of unless they had an exclusive prerelease party at a bar. According to Bells' website, it will be released in Jan...no date specified

calgon

stevesmoke
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Enjoying this beer while watching football. Thanks to my SS:tiphat:

The little it I've had has been tasty. I hope I don't fall in love...New Belgium has yet to come to Florida.
Go Noles! Also text me if you want any NBB, I can get anything and ship it to you :)
I might take you up on that. Go Noles!

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Working on finishing my stout that I have in a cask. I was serving it with a CO2 breather for about 12 days then I pulled the breather and have just been serving it au natural. So it's starting to soften up and slightly oxidize. Luckily I'm at the bottom and it's starting to feel pretty light.

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Sounds cool Adam; I feel a little light....headed after getting to the bottom of a bomber. Kind of like now after a GI Big John....good stuff.:)