What's new

Beer O da day!

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I have a pretty sweet beer day yesterday. My friend Devin came to visit for a brewday. I started my day by fixing my corker. Then I had a Cigar City Maduro Brown. Then we drank a couple Headwaters since I brought the case home from work on Thurs and it wasn't gone yet. Then we tried some Cigar City Belgian White, I had a home brewed citra IPA, and a homebrewed stout. Then we finished up the brewing and headed to one my favorite restaurants Cafe Bruges. I had some Monk's Cafe sour there then a Petrus Aged Pale and finished my night drinking De Garre Tripel with my two pounds of mussels for dinner. It was a pretty awesome day. Apparently De Garre Tripel is very rare on tap and I will have to say that it was DAMN good.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
P1030722.jpg

P1030721.jpg

P1030719.jpg

P1030716.jpg

P1030717.jpg

P1030714.jpg

Recent beers, the Westbrook 2nd anny is not as good as their Mexican Cake 1st anny beer but nonetheless an incredible RIS.

Biggest dissapointment was the Black Ops, was expecting much more viscosity. It was highly carbonated which may have been part of the problem. I love my stout thick with little carbonation - oskar blues ten fidy is a good example of what I like in stouts. Also at $22 a bottle I just don't see the value.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Drinking a Westmalle Trappist Tripel while doing a school project. Fantastic beer that is easily available, I would give it a 9/10.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0

Great hop bite to it and bottled 15 days ago. Might pick up another 6er before they fade off with the hops.

Great beer for a buck and some change a bottle.

Does not SUCK and came and went through my local shop with the quickness!

Interesting twist on the LHMS. I didn't pick this up last year but after drinking a couple I went back for more. Pour hard! LoL.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Interesting twist on the LHMS. I didn't pick this up last year but after drinking a couple I went back for more. Pour hard! LoL.
First time I drank it I poured it normal like a rookie, second time I poured it right and it was a whole different beer with that nice creamy head.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
View attachment 28569

Biggest dissapointment was the Black Ops, was expecting much more viscosity. It was highly carbonated which may have been part of the problem. I love my stout thick with little carbonation - oskar blues ten fidy is a good example of what I like in stouts. Also at $22 a bottle I just don't see the value.
That must be their recipe I guess. I had a 2011 bottle and experienced the exact same thing. Glad to get to drink it, just too thin and highly carbonated for me.