What's new

Beer O da day!

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
P1040184.jpg
What an amazing anny beer from Westbrook. Like brownie batter and the choc./orange is subtle and simply perfect. I will be buying this in mass. Think this beats out Westbrooks 2nd anny beer Cap'n Skoon's Ballistic Stout. Still have a few bottles of that, might have to do a side by side tasting.

P1040183.jpg

P1040182.jpg

P1040181.jpg

P1040178.jpg

P1040175.JPG

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
View attachment 38293
What an amazing anny beer from Westbrook. Like brownie batter and the choc./orange is subtle and simply perfect. I will be buying this in mass. Think this beats out Westbrooks 2nd anny beer Cap'n Skoon's Ballistic Stout. Still have a few bottles of that, might have to do a side by side tasting.
WOW!!! That just sounds like a magazine cover worthy beer! My favorite wintertime treat was always those chocolate oranges you broke apart. Chocolate and orange would be once of the best stout flavor combos I could imagine!

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
View attachment 38293
WOW!!! That just sounds like a magazine cover worthy beer! My favorite wintertime treat was always those chocolate oranges you broke apart. Chocolate and orange would be once of the best stout flavor combos I could imagine!
Hi Nick!

Funny you mention that. I know you love Imperial Biscotti Break(IBB) by Evil Twin. Whats interesting is Westbrook brews many Evil Twin beers at their brewery. I am starting to notice similarities. The orange bliss seems very Evil Twin'esque - it has a almost identical consistently of IBB....very very thick and rich.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
View attachment 38293
Hi Nick!

Funny you mention that. I know you love Imperial Biscotti Break(IBB) by Evil Twin. Whats interesting is Westbrook brews many Evil Twin beers at their brewery. I am starting to notice similarities. The orange bliss seems very Evil Twin'esque - it has a almost identical consistently of IBB....very very thick and rich.
I had no clue they did that! That is crazy! I know went you sent me some of their stuff(including their CSBS) I knew their brewers were top notch and rising fast in the brewing world. With that partnership I can't see anything but positive influences on both companies beers. I am seeing them gain popularity more and more so hopefully they will start distributing here like Evil Twin in the next few years :)

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Yup,

for example

Evil Twin Bozo
Evil Twin Imperial Doughnut Break
some batches of IBB were all done at Westbrook in Mt pleasant SC about 1.5 hours north of me.

Bozo looks interesting coming in at over 17% abv, they say you have to be a bozo to drink it. Sounds right up my alley, LOL.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I've noticed a lot more consistency in EvilTwin beers ever since they started brewing at Westbrook. Which is a good thing.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I've noticed a lot more consistency in EvilTwin beers ever since they started brewing at Westbrook. Which is a good thing.
Cliff, you try the Westbrook orange Bliss yet?
Nope... I did enjoy the Cap'n Skoons though. With Westbrook, I'd have to trade or drive to Bham to pick it up. I do get some Westbrook if they do a collaboration with a brewer that is distributed in the NOLA area.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Unfortunately, no pics. But I am thoroughly enjoying my Sierra Nevada Narwhal Imperial Stout. Thick mouth feel. Nice coffee flavors. Would pair nicely with a full maduro. 10.2% Abv.