What's new

Beer O da day!

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Heady didn't live up to the hype for me personally, but then again I was at a huge bottle share and my palate was already pretty wrecked. I am a hop fiend though and prefer aggressively bitter IPAs that peel the enamel off my teeth.

andysc83

Hack the Gibson!
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Heady didn't live up to the hype for me personally, but then again I was at a huge bottle share and my palate was already pretty wrecked. I am a hop fiend though and prefer aggressively bitter IPAs that peel the enamel off my teeth.
I thought it was better than Pliny but I do hate how much of a pain in the ass it is to get Heady. It was on my beer bucket list and glad I could mark it off!

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I thought it was better than Pliny but I do hate how much of a pain in the ass it is to get Heady. It was on my beer bucket list and glad I could mark it off!
I drove out to the Alchemist brewery a few weeks after I turned 21 to get a case of Heady, bout a 4 hour drive. Got there literally 5 minutes after they sold out for the weekend. After that I said screw Heady lol

andysc83

Hack the Gibson!
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I drove out to the Alchemist brewery a few weeks after I turned 21 to get a case of Heady, bout a 4 hour drive. Got there literally 5 minutes after they sold out for the weekend. After that I said screw Heady lol
Oh man, I would have been pissed!

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Oh man, I would have been pissed!
Truly terrible. It was even worse when the girl working there offered me a free sample in a little glass. It was like the biggest tease ever. So close, yet so very far

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Honestly I got a case when on vacation last summer. I got tired of drinking it, too much malt sweetness for me and it tasted a little murky to me. Its good but I dont believe its worth an inordinate amount of effort to acquire. If I had some id use it as trade fodder in a second.

I am a weirdo though and like more attenuated beers of any style.

Ive found that in general beer is sort of a lot like LE cigars. I think people that can get a certain brand hype it up to beat their chest a little. I would bet that if Heady was made in the quantity of say, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, everyone would be gushing over another beer that no one can get. Silliness it you ask me. I drink what is easy to get, or I make it. Im not hunting a beer down or paying 2x retail just for it to turn into peer as every other beer I drink does. Now if there is a beer out there that.gets you drunk then administers a sweet BJ I might change my tone.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Honestly I got a case when on vacation last summer. I got tired of drinking it, too much malt sweetness for me and it tasted a little murky to me. Its good but I dont believe its worth an inordinate amount of effort to acquire. If I had some id use it as trade fodder in a second.

I am a weirdo though and like more attenuated beers of any style.

Ive found that in general beer is sort of a lot like LE cigars. I think people that can get a certain brand hype it up to beat their chest a little. I would bet that if Heady was made in the quantity of say, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, everyone would be gushing over another beer that no one can get. Silliness it you ask me. I drink what is easy to get, or I make it. Im not hunting a beer down or paying 2x retail just for it to turn into peer as every other beer I drink does. Now if there is a beer out there that.gets you drunk then administers a sweet BJ I might change my tone.
+1!!
This one is a miss for me too