What's new

Beer O da day!

Rating - 100%
64   0   0

Brewed in Hays, Ks.
Hello fellow Kansan! There's at least 2 of us on here now lol. Is LB brewing finally canning or is there a 2nd brewery in Hays now?

I love LB brewing but I am adamantly against session IPA's.
Why so much hate for the session IPA? Not that it's wrong, just like cigars all of our tastes are different and subjective. I love session IPAs, mostly because I am a hop junkie and usually like to be able to have more than a couple brews before starting to feel tipsy. Granted, there are quite a few session IPAs done all wrong

Rating - 100%
7   0   0

Brewed in Hays, Ks.
Hello fellow Kansan! There's at least 2 of us on here now lol. Is LB brewing finally canning or is there a 2nd brewery in Hays now?

Where at in KS?

Made by Defiance Brewing Co. This is another one they make. Just started seeing them about 6 weeks ago up here.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Brewed in Hays, Ks.

Why so much hate for the session IPA? Not that it's wrong, just like cigars all of our tastes are different and subjective. I love session IPAs, mostly because I am a hop junkie and usually like to be able to have more than a couple brews before starting to feel tipsy. Granted, there are quite a few session IPAs done all wrong
I'm an official hop head but I'm just not cool with the idea of a low ABV IPA. One of the best parts of an IPA is they are usually at least 6.5% if you take that away then your just drinking hops.

I'm a full believer in drink (and smoke) what you like though. Everyone's tastes are different. G-d knows there's a lot of people out there that hate 100+ IBU double IPA's but I covet them.

Cool to see that LB has some competition, maybe it will nudge them to start canning or bottling finally so I can have some of their stout more than twice a year :)

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I had some Allagash Black last night. A few brewers from Allagash visited work and left a case worth of 750s in our break room. Nice surprise when I went up to sit through a short presentation from the lab about something I could teach.....