What's new

Beer O da day!

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I know I'm in the minority, but damn when is this ipa induced over hopped trend gonna wane? Every boutique beer doesn't need to have an unbearable amount of hops in it. The rest of us aren't deadening our palates with a ridiculous bitterness tolerance....
An amber shouldn't taste like a freaking ipa.... :meh:
20190421_174128.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I love hops, within reason. But with 90% of the boutiques on the shelves being ipas, and the trend bleeding over into the other styles, it's just too damn much.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I know I'm in the minority, but damn when is this ipa induced over hopped trend gonna wane? Every boutique beer doesn't need to have an unbearable amount of hops in it. The rest of us aren't deadening our palates with a ridiculous bitterness tolerance....
View attachment 134852

Don't get me wrong, I love hops, within reason. But with 90% of the boutiques on the shelves being ipas, and the trend bleeding over into the other styles, it's just too damn much.
I'll go one step further...I don't like hops flavor in my beer. I'm primarily a stout/porter guy, but still drink some other styles, just not IPAs. It's a drag when you go to a taphouse with 20 tappers, and 18 of them are IPAs. But that's what it's like in most of the beer places near me.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
View attachment 134852

Being the resident IPA guy on this site, (self appointed of course), I’ll just say this. You’re absolutely right on with this Jeremy. I love hoppy beer, but I’m not looking for it in my stout, porter, or even a lager (IPL’s?!?!).

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Picked up a sixer of Ballast Point Victory at Sea Peanut Butter based on the recommendations here.

I remember the last several years having to ask my local liquor store to set aside a bottle or two of KBS for me. Not any more. :ROFLMAO:

And my favorite new beer name. a play on the demon for "The Exorcist"... or maybe Jimmy Stewart's littlest daughter in "It's a Wonderful Life"? ;)