What's new

Beer O da day!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Jake, Do you drink Pabst because it is cheap or because it tastes good? Or both? It's an honest question, not trying to be sarcastic, brother I have not had a Pabst in 30 years.
I honestly drink it for the taste. Around here it’s basically the same price as Budweiser. On a case of beer I’m not honestly too worried about a few bucks. I drink Budweiser at my buddies place. To me it’s kinda like coke vs Pepsi. Pabst is more crisp like the coke. If you like regular Ol beer in my opinion you’d like it. If you like super light “easy drinking” beer you might not. My Budweiser drinking pals will drink as many as I hand them.

I think it’s more flavorful than most for better or worse. If I’m drinking beer I like to taste something. Give them a try.

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Rogue Ales: Double Chocolate Stout

View attachment 178033
Brad, do you know if stouts are gentler on one's waistline?
I almost bought one on the way home from work....I went into the gas station in Chilcoot, saw a few in the cooler, got excited for a second and then ran away as fast as I could.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Brad, do you know if stouts are gentler on one's waistline?
I almost bought one on the way home from work....I went into the gas station in Chilcoot, saw a few in the cooler, got excited for a second and then ran away as fast as I could.
Higher the ABV, higher the calorie count.
Alcohol calories fall under the carbohydrate heading. One gram is equivalent to roughly four calories.
You'd think stouts, with their heavy taste and feel, would naturally have more calories.
A serving of hefty tasting Guinness = 125 cal.
A serving of light tasting Sierra NV Pale Ale = 175 cal.

ABV is the true boogeyman here.