What's new

big change coming

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Man! I am jealous. I have been looking for new work for about 2 years now. I switched positions in the same company, but I am beginning to think that either I am toxic or the company is. It's a drain on me physically as well as mentally, I haven't had a raise in over four years, the hours are horrible, leaving little to no time with family, and just a dead end job. I'm sorry to have derailed this thread. Carry on with the congratulations brothers!

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Man! I am jealous. I have been looking for new work for about 2 years now. I switched positions in the same company, but I am beginning to think that either I am toxic or the company is. It's a drain on me physically as well as mentally, I haven't had a raise in over four years, the hours are horrible, leaving little to no time with family, and just a dead end job. I'm sorry to have derailed this thread. Carry on with the congratulations brothers!
Sounds like maybe you need to make some hard decisions too Matt.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I have had some hard choices in my life. And a few set backs. I may not be a religious person but the one thing I do believe in is that there is a plan out there somewhere and things have a way of sorting themselves out. It just make time for the right path to reveal itself.
I lucked into the position I am going to be taken. I have worked for the other company a couple times as part time seasonal help and was always told if I wanted to go full time all I needed to do was say so. There is a friend of mine that still works there and part time for my current job that let me in on the opening that I applied for. Right time and right place.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Congrats EO. I know what you're going through. Not to derail, but I'm going through the same thing myself right now. The work at the new job isn't what I really want to be doing, but the money is way better. The company I'm leaving is toxic though, so I think it's time to get out.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Congrats EO. I know what you're going through. Not to derail, but I'm going through the same thing myself right now. The work at the new job isn't what I really want to be doing, but the money is way better. The company I'm leaving is toxic though, so I think it's time to get out.
Good luck.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
He tried to convince me that the pay cut would not be worth it. And that stress is only what we bring on ourselves. He has nothing to do with my stress level. So therefore any job I take will have just as much stress. I just laughed and went about my business. Such a relief to have that done with and be on vacation this week. Wife and I have a tee time tomorrow morning. It is going to be great.
Thank you everyone for your well wishes.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
So I put my 2 week notice in last monday and took the rest of the week off. I come back in yesterday to get saddled with pulling extra duty all week. The other supervisors trying to use vacation time before our prick of a boss wont let them due to his laziness. Well, I spoke to the new job this morning and they told me everything is ready and I can start tomorrow if I want. So I came in to work and told the boss that today is my last day.
Does that make me a bad person after all the crap they keep doing to me?
My conscious tells me I am doing a bad thing but I am so far burnt out that by being here I honestly think I am hurting the company. I do not care about getting anything done in time, making any numbers that they are SO focussed on. Or even filling out the stupid "tps reports" so to speak. Oh well, just needed that off my chest. Back to not caring about what I am doing.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Brother, I've had to do the same thing when leaving one job for another. They tried to make the last two weeks as painful on me as possible, and after two days of hell, I told them to put me on "comp" time, of which I had almost two months, and then run out my vacation. Added together, was three and a half months. I wanted a lump sum check for those, but couldn't stand it any longer. The only payback was they couldn't hire a replacement until is was officially off the books. Childish, I know, but it sure felt good at the time.
Good luck with your new job. I can't believe I missed this thread until today.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I'm hearing you mate!

I have spent the last 4 years working across the state, on rosters varying from 21/7, 15/6, 12/4 etc.

Great money but when you get to your third week away and you have not seen your son, Mrs or anyone that brings happiness into your life, on top of the stresses of a high paying job 12hrs a day; it can eat you alive inside.

The way I see it now is that an investment in health and happiness is a far better investment and it's made me see the TRUE value in this world has nothing to do with dollars and cents. I know now what is really important to me and I am grateful for that lesson. Most people work a life time to figure that out but when you do fly in fly out work, it's an accelerated lesson.

It's a no-brainer! Working a job you hate is STUPID! You do things you don't like doing in order to earn money to go on doing things you don't like doing!
Perhaps this video will explain what I'm trying to get across better.

WARNING side effects of this video include self-realization and potentially rash decisions towards work ie rage quitting immediately...

Hopefully you see now that the REAL value in life is happiness, not money and therefore you made the right choice brother!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
So I put my 2 week notice in last monday and took the rest of the week off. I come back in yesterday to get saddled with pulling extra duty all week. The other supervisors trying to use vacation time before our prick of a boss wont let them due to his laziness. Well, I spoke to the new job this morning and they told me everything is ready and I can start tomorrow if I want. So I came in to work and told the boss that today is my last day.
Does that make me a bad person after all the crap they keep doing to me?
My conscious tells me I am doing a bad thing but I am so far burnt out that by being here I honestly think I am hurting the company. I do not care about getting anything done in time, making any numbers that they are SO focussed on. Or even filling out the stupid "tps reports" so to speak. Oh well, just needed that off my chest. Back to not caring about what I am doing.
Screw. Them. (n) If they don't invest in human capital, why bend over backwards for them? :stop: