What's new

big change coming

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Good luck with the transition. I changed jobs a two years ago from a job I grew to hate that gave big raises and possible bonuses, to a job where we pretty much just get cost of living raises but fit the work/life balance I was looking for. Best thing I ever did.

Once I started looking for something new, I realized quality of life (lots more time with my family, drastically reduced levels of stress, a great boss) was infinitely more important than the money. I hope everything works out for you, brother.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Start the new job in the morning. The turn around is going to suck but at least its only one day.
Thanks again for all the support guys.
You got this brother!!! Just submitted my resume to the company my best bud works at and has been pushing me to apply at. I hate change, but sometimes a drastic change in our life is what we need. Good things coming brother!

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was the Poster Child for having a job I used to like and when I went into Management everything changed...I became responsible for nearly everything that went on in our Production Plant and becoming a Plant Manager seemed like a great idea until I never worked below 14 hours a day and averaged 90 hours a week for 3 years and it crippled my health and sanity. Money was nice but when you can't do anything else except work for the money life just wasn't fun at all. I ended up retiring in my early 40's because my stock options allowed me to retire at almost my same rate of pay but I don't advise anybody working like a slave for any Company...my health still is compromised because of the toll it took on my body but at least I'm alive and can still do things...work isn't one of them.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
So a week in, how are you feeling about the change EO?
Well I have found out a few things that I was not told before hand. While the company does everything possible to prevent overtime. Delivery (my position) is one that is not regulated on o/t. Therefore some days you may work your schedule or less and other days you may work way more. I worked 3 hrs over today.
I do not mind the overtime, in fact after the pay cut I welcome it. I still get to come home and have dinner with my family. I get to go out and be physical every day. (After the first couple days thought I would die.) But all in all I am very happy with the switch.
Thank you every one for the support. I have the next two days off so I intend to make up for lost smoke time.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Well I have found out a few things that I was not told before hand. While the company does everything possible to prevent overtime. Delivery (my position) is one that is not regulated on o/t. Therefore some days you may work your schedule or less and other days you may work way more. I worked 3 hrs over today.
I do not mind the overtime, in fact after the pay cut I welcome it. I still get to come home and have dinner with my family. I get to go out and be physical every day. (After the first couple days thought I would die.) But all in all I am very happy with the switch.
Thank you every one for the support. I have the next two days off so I intend to make up for lost smoke time.
Good for you. Glad to hear it's gonna work out for the better.