What's new

Blend testing

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Last night I set fire to this gem rolled back in Nov '16. 1:1:1 corojo seco/viso/ligero with Dominican binder wrapped in CT shade. Creamy, nutty, not as spicy as I had hoped for. There was a floral component as well that I get when I use the corojo ligero, never with the seco or viso. I really enjoyed it, surprisingly complex for a super simple blend.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Last night I set fire to this gem rolled back in Nov '16. 1:1:1 corojo seco/viso/ligero with Dominican binder wrapped in CT shade. Creamy, nutty, not as spicy as I had hoped for. There was a floral component as well that I get when I use the corojo ligero, never with the seco or viso. I really enjoyed it, surprisingly complex for a super simple blend.
Sounds fantastic! Those flavors, complexity, but low spice, sounds ideal.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Tried a new blend last night, gave it almost 12 hours of rest.
1 WLT Piloto Cubano Seco
1 WLT Corojo Viso
1 WLT Dominican Ligero
Bound in Piloto Cubano Seco
Wrapped with LO Brazilian Habano Viso (sold as filler, just a nice leaf)
Was nice, I imagine it'll be great in a few months.
20170920_161820.jpg

Last edited:

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I've been trying like hell to come up with a shade wrapped blend I enjoy. Usually they lack flavor to hold my attention. Now that I find one, I'm out of shade wrapper... F$%&
Hahaha, damn. Likewise few Connecticut shade wrapped blends have given me near enough flavor, even as averse to hot pepper spice as I am. Some though...

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I have been enjoying milder cigars lately. To keep with that theme I decided to roll up a blend that is milder but has lots of complexity and flavor. Rolled up a batch with 1 leaf nica habano seco, 1 leaf corojo seco, 1 leaf piloto cubano ligero, a double Ecuadorian habano seco binder, and wrapped with Mata Fina.

First impression is that this is more medium than mild and I'm ok with that. It is very complex. It has a natural sweetness from the Mata Fina. The flavors remind me of a candied walnut with Christmas spices and a hint of cream. The flavor profile is similar to what I experience from the Illusione brand. This will be the first blend I roll in my 54rg mold I think.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have been enjoying milder cigars lately. To keep with that theme I decided to roll up a blend that is milder but has lots of complexity and flavor. Rolled up a batch with 1 leaf nica habano seco, 1 leaf corojo seco, 1 leaf piloto cubano ligero, a double Ecuadorian habano seco binder, and wrapped with Mata Fina.

First impression is that this is more medium than mild and I'm ok with that. It is very complex. It has a natural sweetness from the Mata Fina. The flavors remind me of a candied walnut with Christmas spices and a hint of cream. The flavor profile is similar to what I experience from the Illusione brand. This will be the first blend I roll in my 54rg mold I think.
Thanks for sharing the blend. It's got some leafs in it that I have enjoyed often.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Thanks for sharing the blend. It's got some leafs in it that I have enjoyed often.
The habano/corojo combo is used at my table a lot. The piloto cubano has been under utilized I feel. Lately I have been using it more and it has been delivering the "desert" quality I like in my cigars. With a rich bourbon or scotch this cigar would finish a day well I think. Not an average spirit, one that has that oily mouth feel, you know?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The habano/corojo combo is used at my table a lot. The piloto cubano has been under utilized I feel. Lately I have been using it more and it has been delivering the "desert" quality I like in my cigars. With a rich bourbon or scotch this cigar would finish a day well I think. Not an average spirit, one that has that oily mouth feel, you know?
Yeah. As you know there are certain leafs in your manifest I won't buy anymore on account of their not-actually-whole-leaf-quality lately.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0

You've got me drooling here man. That sounds fantastic!

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Finally nailed a mild blend I really enjoy. 1/2 leaf Ecuador habano seco, 1 nica habano seco, 1/2 corojo seco, 1 criollo ligero, Dominican binder, Mata Fina wrapper.

Creamy, hint of nuts, slight floral note. Smooth and complex with lots of flavor to keep me interested
Nice! Sounds great! Do you have a designation for that one? I want to put that on my future list to try!