What's new

Blend testing

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So I grabbed a short stogie for walking the dog tonight and my son says "Wow! Dad that cigar, it smells like spicy pretzels!"
Of course my notes for this one were "scraps with mojo"...:mad:
Happens to me all the time, bro. In the end you just realize this is a life-long prospect, and if you surround yourself in good leaf whatever you roll's gonna be a pleasure, whether you have a clue or not. Tomorrow brings another cigar.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
How much fire cure do you use? I want to get some with my order next week. LO has light fire cured and a dark fire cured wrapper. Which do you go for?
If I missed that earlier in this thread I apologize

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi there :) I prefer DFC hands down for that flav. profile. I use LO DFC for wrapper and a small sliver down the center for burn balance... but I also use a charred FC which I get from another supplier... the charred is very rich... more condensed flavor so I break it down and add it sparingly. If you like you can use the LFC as a binder. PA Oscuro Wrapper is my binder. Happy rolling to ya ~xox

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Found this 'fecto buried deep. Rolled march of last year. Tweaked version of my marshmallow blend swapping Dominican ligero with criollo ligero and instead of broadleaf wrapping in Ecuadorian habano. Like a chocolate covered cherry sprinkled in cayenne. I love finding my mad scientist blends with age and firing them up. They are always a tasty Treat

Edit: crap a talk won't let me upload the pic but it's not half bad lookin. Lol

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Getting ready to roll into night shift again which means I'll be staying up late making homerolls tonight!
This morning I'm testing a simple blend of one Nic Habano Seco and one Piloto Cubano Seco. Does it still qualify as a cheroot since there's no wrapper, just the two leaves with half of one binding them?
Let's see how it performs as a morning smoke.20170827_123713.jpg

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Getting ready to roll into night shift again which means I'll be staying up late making homerolls tonight!
This morning I'm testing a simple blend of one Nic Habano Seco and one Piloto Cubano Seco. Does it still qualify as a cheroot since there's no wrapper, just the two leaves with half of one binding them?
Let's see how it performs as a morning smoke.View attachment 100719
Cheroot :)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Let's see how it performs as a morning smoke.View attachment 100719
What's the verdict?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
The rolls from 8/27 were as follows:
1 WLT Nic Hab Seco
.5 LO Brazilian Viso
.5 WLT Dom Ligero
Bound in Piloto Cubano Seco
Wrapped in PA Oscuro
20170902_161254.jpg
This started out chocolatey but the first retrohale brought a pepper medley forward and overrode the chocolate.
Fairly pleasant now, probably great if I can let them rst for 3 to 6 months!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The rolls from 8/27 were as follows:
1 WLT Nic Hab Seco
.5 LO Brazilian Viso
.5 WLT Dom Ligero
Bound in Piloto Cubano Seco
Wrapped in PA Oscuro
View attachment 101025
This started out chocolatey but the first retrohale brought a pepper medley forward and overrode the chocolate.
Fairly pleasant now, probably great if I can let them rst for 3 to 6 months!
That blend manifest looks like it should be killer.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello Gentle Germs :x

I remember there being a guy here who prints molds... anyone know that ROTL or if he's still in printing? Also... I miss you guys xoxoxoxo
Hi, what are you looking at? did you get this?
http://www.botl.org/threads/making-cigar-molds.90922/
sounds like there is a list. did you see this?
https://www.ebay.com/sch/keithjjones410/m.html?item=122683004251&hash=item1c907a155b:g:ytQAAOSwjwtZquUh&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

. missing you

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Didn't know you used molds. Thot they were all freehand.
I don't use molds for my blends... this is for the guy that purchased a designer blend... he wants them by mold, not freestyle ... so I'm scouting the mold for him but not finding much in the line of used. So he'll have to pay to have them made.