What's new

Blending Thread

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to buy some wrapper. If I'm gonna buy a pound, what would be a good size leaf that looks nice and has mild imparted flavor? I have liked the Ecuadorian stuff I have so far. I'm a fan of floral, smooth over spicy stuff.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
I need to buy some wrapper. If I'm gonna buy a pound, what would be a good size leaf that looks nice and has mild imparted flavor? I have liked the Ecuadorian stuff I have so far. I'm a fan of floral, smooth over spicy stuff.

Ecuador wrappers

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Loved that Ec Seco Shade. Hanen't scored any for a couple years, so I don't know how the more recent quality compares. But the stuff a couple years back was awesome.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Tonight's blending exercise is one of exploration...
I'm going overboard on ligero to see what happens. Equal (sort of equal anyway) parts Piloto cubano ligero, Nicaraguan Condega ligero, Dominican ligero, 1 Brazilian Mata Fina, some CT broadleaf filler, bound in Brazilian Mata Fina binder.
Wonder how it'll turn out...

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm going overboard on ligero to see what happens. Equal (sort of equal anyway) parts Piloto cubano ligero, Nicaraguan Condega ligero, Dominican ligero, 1 Brazilian Mata Fina, some CT broadleaf filler, bound in Brazilian Mata Fina binder.
Sounds primo to me.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
That's my jam

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
The first two were huge. I cut down to 1/4 leaf each ligero, 1/2 Mata fina, and a piece of CTBL about the same as one of the ligero. About fire up the trial stick now that its aged almost 4 hours!20190408_035435.jpg
Ps, that's a 48rg mold they are sitting in for comparison

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh boy. EC Seco wrapper, Colombian binder, 2 Rene and 1 T13. Floral, smooth, hint of sweetness. A little too 1 dimensional but a good start. Waiting on some jalapa ligero. Might go for 1/4 to 1/2 piece and add a half more t13.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Oh boy. EC Seco wrapper, Colombian binder, 2 Rene and 1 T13. Floral, smooth, hint of sweetness. A little too 1 dimensional but a good start. Waiting on some jalapa ligero. Might go for 1/4 to 1/2 piece and add a half more t13.

For sure try at least one sample of yanking out one of the 2 Renes and putting in a near-full leaf Jalapa ligero.