What's new

Blending Thread

Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Bout to step out in the garage an hour from now to try out Bliss' blend. Appalachian State (8-3) plays North Texas (4-5) in the Myrtle Beach Bowl.

Meanwhile, Army, after winning the CIC trophy the other day, cannot even catch a bowl at 9-2. They had a commitment from the Independence Bowl, but the organizers could not find anyone willing to play them. They have such a spirit-crushing style that No one wants any parts of them. The Independence guys finally had to cancel the game! So there's an Armed Forces Bowl and a Military Bowl and a First Responders Bowl but Army Black Knights are sitting home, while the North Texas Mean Green with a losing record are playing in the Myrtle Beach Bowl on ESPN.

WTF?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well that's a real pleasant blend, @bliss. Right up my alley.

I was only able to get one leaf of the nic and two of the piloto into a corona. I prolly roll 'em looser than you. Plus, I like to roll test gars loose enough to nub ROTT. I could maybe fit another half PC in there.

Seem good enough to roll a series. Just have to design a band, now.

First half of that game sucked. Heading for a blowout. I gave up on it.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well that's a real pleasant blend, @bliss. Right up my alley.

I was only able to get one leaf of the nic and two of the piloto into a corona. I prolly roll 'em looser than you. Plus, I like to roll test gars loose enough to nub ROTT. I could maybe fit another half PC in there.

Seem good enough to roll a series. Just have to design a band, now.

First half of that game sucked. Heading for a blowout. I gave up on it.
Great. I'm glad the CT Wads worked. My PC volado leaves are pretty thin. I rolled 5.5x44 coronas with that recipe.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This old FX Indo is so very gossamer that I am using both halves of a leaf per binder, with each half doubled over.
That sure makes for a smooth smooth molded bunch:

View attachment 156685

Which, in turn, makes for a smooth stick:
View attachment 156686

... and the double Indo binder makes for a finely muted flavor.

So 1 Nic, 2 Piloto, double Indo, CT shade
I tend to double bind with that stuff too, with the top half offset a few inches so I get more of a bottom to top bind than end to end.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I hesitate to post this as my blending is haphazard and whimsical, which probably irritates some folks, but here it is anyway.
I found this to create a sweet smoke, as if it were sweetened somehow...
1 Nic Habano seco WLT
1 Nic Jalapa ligero LO
Bound in one Nic CT binder (which isn't sold any more but I wonder if it is now Nic CT wrapper) LO
And wrapped in the outer edge of the same binder leaf.
I was going for a Nicaraguan puro and wound up with something amazingly sweet. Of course can't buy the binder anymore and I finished my jalapa ligero off today...but if you have these in stock, give em a try!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I hesitate to post this as my blending is haphazard and whimsical, which probably irritates some folks, but here it is anyway.
I found this to create a sweet smoke, as if it were sweetened somehow...
1 Nic Habano seco WLT
1 Nic Jalapa ligero LO
Bound in one Nic CT binder (which isn't sold any more but I wonder if it is now Nic CT wrapper) LO
And wrapped in the outer edge of the same binder leaf.
I was going for a Nicaraguan puro and wound up with something amazingly sweet. Of course can't buy the binder anymore and I finished my jalapa ligero off today...but if you have these in stock, give em a try!
This is basically the same concept as my most recent blog post but I used Indo Sumatra for the wrapper/ binder and Jalapa seco rather than ligero. The WLT Habano seco and the LO Jalapa are a magic combo, IMHO. I've run out of the Indo but I just ordered some Ec. Sumatra from Bobalu to see how it compares.

The blog post

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
This is basically the same concept as my most recent blog post but I used Indo Sumatra for the wrapper/ binder and Jalapa seco rather than ligero. The WLT Habano seco and the LO Jalapa are a magic combo, IMHO. I've run out of the Indo but I just ordered some Ec. Sumatra from Bobalu to see how it compares.

The blog post
I have tried a couple honest wrapper leaves but I always lose some of the sweetness when I do that. Hence just adding a nicer part of the binder for a final wrap...

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have tried a couple honest wrapper leaves but I always lose some of the sweetness when I do that. Hence just adding a nicer part of the binder for a final wrap...
Interesting, I find these fillers to be SO sweet that I can't really use CT with it, as it's just too much sweetness. I find the Indo is the perfect middle ground.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys my greetings, what do you think of a Cigar made only from the same seed, in this case a piloto cubano , in fact I smoked it a few days ago and I loved it, someone with that experience ??

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi guys my greetings, what do you think of a Cigar made only from the same seed, in this case a piloto cubano , in fact I smoked it a few days ago and I loved it, someone with that experience ??
I think it could be just fine. I have often made single-seed cigars and they are no worse than any other. All comes down to how good the leaf you have in front of you is, and PC can certainly be a fine leaf!

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well yes, I liked it ,,, and if you had to change only one sheet, which one would you change?