What's new

blind 5ers

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
@qpzmide @ElectricMayhem82 Whoops I thought I responded here but apparently not. Sure I'd be down for the 2 for 2 trade with both of you. By Wednesday I should be a whole lot less busy and able to actually get to the usps store near me for boxes. You two can trade in the meantime if you don't want to wait it out. Tomorrow I'll send you both a message and go from there. Today I'm just gonna be relaxing and ignoring all internet stuff. Need a break big time.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
@qpzmide @ElectricMayhem82 Whoops I thought I responded here but apparently not. Sure I'd be down for the 2 for 2 trade with both of you. By Wednesday I should be a whole lot less busy and able to actually get to the usps store near me for boxes. You two can trade in the meantime if you don't want to wait it out. Tomorrow I'll send you both a message and go from there. Today I'm just gonna be relaxing and ignoring all internet stuff. Need a break big time.
Im fine with waiting. I'll put your packages together at the same time and ship them out together.

Here is a question, since this is a learning experience with unbanded smokes, so we ship both guys the same two? That way they can compare what they tasted and experienced?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Having the first of the four later today. Looks like a nice solid golden CT wrapper, some roasted something off the sniff of it. Anyways I'll post more on it later.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'll be trying one tonight. I smoked @qzmide 's Diesel he sent me. Great flavor, but it tried to canoe on me. Wouldn't have been a big deal, but I was driving! Lol

Which one was that Btw? The band was eaten by the truck monster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Wish I could say I took another picture but I didn't expect to be killing a few packs of beer with my neighbor and a mutual friend in his garage. IMG_0769.JPG
This guy was a bit rounder than what I normally have which wasn't a bad thing for tonight. I always take a cold draw and right away some familiar notes come to me. Little bit of chocolate, some spice but very faint. I light up and am greeted by large volumes of smoke right from the start. That same familiar taste of chocolate with some pepper and what I think was a leather taste. First 1/3rd is much of the same, draw is very easy and I'm glad I used a guillotine cut instead of my usual v cut. Ash stays on the first 1/3rd.

At 2/3rd things ramp up just slightly. The tobacco kick is there but very easy going. Before the beers I was drinking water which was just fine for it. Tastes turn more peppery and a little woodsey, something like a cedar which at the time made sense to go along with the spice. Ash plunked off around half through the 2/3rd but never once tried to canoe or tunnel. Minor issues with the burn line but nothing to make it noticeable. Around here is where the beer was introduced so my tastes sort of went out the window.

The last 3/3rd was rough going. Not just because the beer was throwing off the tastes but the damn thing kept going out. I had to practically puff hard 4-5 times every 10 minutes or it would snuff itself out. It wasn't humid, it was breezey but moving into the garage fixed that. Besides the on and off problems the same tastes really stayed the whole through. The volume of smoke kept up the whole way, staying a thick white from start to finish. The other two guys said it stunk but I'm nose blind to it at this point. Ash fell again with about an inch left but by then I was done with it and let it rest.

Turns out my suspicions were right.
IMG_0770.JPG
I've had several Gurkha's before this and to me they each had very similar tastes. Nothing bad, nothing I'd rave about but right in the middle of good enough. All in all it was a good night for it and lasted me somewhere around 3 hours which is much longer than my usual. @qpzmide 1 down and 3 to go. My next review may not happen for another 2 weeks. Going to a concert of sorts this coming Sunday and there's no way I'm going to remember anything nor can I smoke inside.

qpzmide

Eric
Rating - 100%
156   0   0
Blind Review 1 of 4. This stick was sent by @BeardedGuy512

Appearance: Robusto, fairly smooth wrapper, minimal veins, solid construction.
1.jpg

Cuts clean with no loose tobacco. Cold draw produces a little nutty, earthy flavor.
Started smoking at 9:00 pm
Lights well and initial draws are smooth with a steady flow of smoke. About five minutes in, the pepper/spice start to pick up but with a smooth mellow finish. It is breezy outside tonight but the burn is perfect.
2.JPG

At this point, I'm thinking this taste is familiar - maybe an Alec Bradley blend.... I was pretty confident I'd had this smoke before. The retro-hale is robust with spice but not too much for my sinuses. The finish continues to be very smooth. The smoke from the cigar gives off a faint sweet smell.
About an inch into the stick, cedar starts to over-power the pepper, maybe even some nutty flavors mixing in. At this point, the cigar is settling in very nicely. As I approach the end of the 1st third, the burn is still great despite the breeze, The flavors have remained pretty consistent with cedar, pepper and an occasional sweetness

3.JPG

At 9:20, the first ash falls off
The 2nd third starts to mellow a bit with almost no pepper. At this point, mostly cedar and sweetness. The cigar is burning very nicely and is not heating up even with the breeze. As 9:35 rolls around, spice is coming back in as the smoke starts to heat up some. Burn is still excellent.
4.JPG
Crossing the halfway point, again a very consistent stick. Maybe a little more nutty on the finish but very mellow with a bit of peppery goodness. At 9:45, the 2nd third wraps up and now I'm getting the occasional bitter smoke flavor.5.JPG

I'm trying to wait at least a minute between draws to keep the heat down. The cigar is still enjoyable but the smoothness is fading and spice/pepper is coming back at this point. At 9:50, the second ash falls off At this point, I had to hit it with the torch for a quick second to fire up the wrapper. At this point, it's getting hot and a little more bitter. I decided to nub it at 10 pm. 6.JPG

Smoke time: one hour
Overall, a very enjoyable smoke. Construction and burn were fantastic. I tend to enjoy full bodied sticks and this was a good change of pace. I still feel pretty confident it's a stick I've had before. Let's see..........
7.jpg
The 1875 - which I've actually never had. This would be a great everyday smoke or maybe a shorter smoke if pressed for time. I'm looking forward to the other three sticks I have for review. Not knowing the brand, you tend to concentrate more on the smoke, burn, flavors etc. or at least I did. I hope you enjoyed.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey no worries. This weekend is a crap shoot to do anything and we'll see about the coming week. We're all on the verge of being sick here from how we all feel.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Okay then. This one was another familiar but I just couldn't guess it. For almost 2/3rds it was a yummy toffee sort of taste, very sweet but not overpowering. Hints of spice now and then that eventually turned in to leather/wood for the last third. Something about torpedo size that just always burns even for me and stays consistent as far as ash goes. All in all it was a good cigar. 5 vegas classic is a top 3 for me so far so this just fit right in. Med/full body that was made doable with a bottle of sweet tea. Pitched it with maybe an inch to go as by then it was full on pepper/burning my tongue smoke.
IMG_0790.JPG
IMG_0792.JPG
IMG_0798.JPG
IMG_0799.JPG

2 down 2 to go. I'll probably have QPs next but not sure when. I've had 3 cigars in the span of a week 1/2 and for me that's going overboard. 4 a month is my hard limit and October I may just break that in a day at a halloween party.