What's new

Blind Reviews Thread

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Alex, if no one else shows interest, I'll sponsor. I've picked up some more worthy stuff since I last posted and I'd like to see this keep going!
I was going to offer as well. I can sit in queue until the next round, OR if you want we could split it. Each of us send two blinds to each person on the list?

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Anybody and everybody is welcome to take the "sponsor" spot. Just create a post, and send out sticks to people who reply to your posting.

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
So I'll give this a try...

I am offering free cigars to willing participants. These will be randomly chosen by my wife out of the humidor, so they could really be just about anything (this will keep me from spending 6 weeks trying to decide what to send). The bands will be removed, and replaced with home-made ones (something like "A1" and "C6", etc). You review them, I reveal them. Simple enough?

The emphasis on this thread is not to correctly guess what you are smoking (though you absolutely can). The emphasis is an honest review. What you liked, what you didn't like, would you want more, etc.

Rules
1. Minimum 2 months active on board.
2. Minimum 2 Trader Rating
3. You must post at least one review per week per cigar. So, if I send you 4 cigars... you have 4 weeks to complete the reviews. If you don't think that you can stick to that, don't sign up
4. I will send 3 or 4 unbanded cigars.

Outgoing: Problemsolverjc

PM me if interested...

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
UPDATED

I am offering free cigars to willing participants. These will be randomly chosen by my wife out of the humidor, so they could really be just about anything (this will keep me from spending 6 weeks trying to decide what to send). The bands will be removed, and replaced with home-made ones (something like "A1" and "C6", etc). You review them, I reveal them. Simple enough?

The emphasis on this thread is not to correctly guess what you are smoking (though you absolutely can). The emphasis is an honest review. What you liked, what you didn't like, would you want more, etc.

Rules
1. Minimum 2 months active on board.
2. Minimum 2 Trader Rating
3. You must post at least one review per week per cigar. So, if I send you 4 cigars... you have 4 weeks to complete the reviews. If you don't think that you can stick to that, don't sign up
4. I will send 3 or 4 unbanded cigars.

1. cgraunke

PM me if interested...

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
UPDATED - And like that, we are full. Thanks for the sign up guys! Look for a PM requesting addy. I will ship by Friday.

1. cgraunke
2. BrittS88
3. steve_dub
4. Chief StrongLeaf

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Who knows what she will choose... Could be all a bunch of $1 sticks :)

Tracking numbers have been emailed. Packages fly tomorrow. Thanks for the participation!

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Packages are flying! Should all be delivered by Friday!

Wife picked some interesting sticks... it is amazing how much they all look alike when you put on generic white bands!

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Although I'm considered a newbie here I would love to participate with some blind reviews. I've been an enthusiast for almost twenty years and have a few binder log books with reviews I've done on cigars I've smoked. I would be willing to show good faith and send a few sticks to you in advance to show I'm not here for free cigars. I've already completed my newbie trade with andysc83. If I must wait for the six months no problem, put me in queue . Thanks for the consideration.

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Although I'm considered a newbie here I would love to participate with some blind reviews. I've been an enthusiast for almost twenty years and have a few binder log books with reviews I've done on cigars I've smoked. I would be willing to show good faith and send a few sticks to you in advance to show I'm not here for free cigars. I've already completed my newbie trade with andysc83. If I must wait for the six months no problem, put me in queue . Thanks for the consideration.
Keep your eye out for the next sponsor posting. I only asked for 2 months of being here for the one I just sent out. I know that there are others waiting for this one to be done to sponsor the next round. Just send them a message when they post and see what they say.

Glad to hear you are interested!

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Keep your eye out for the next sponsor posting. I only asked for 2 months of being here for the one I just sent out. I know that there are others waiting for this one to be done to sponsor the next round. Just send them a message when they post and see what they say.

Glad to hear you are interested!
Thank you. I'll keep my eye open

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
C-1 review

Size- I'd say its a corona. I could be wrong though.

Color-very dark brown almost black with lighter brown spots.

Prelight smells- like barnyard and aged tobacco.

Prelight draw- sweetness and bread. Already this stick is leaving a sweetness on my lips.

Lit and toasted with cedar at 10:48am

Strength- mild
Body- medium

1st 3rd

Right off the start this is leaving my mouth really dry. The draw is perfect and producing tons of smoke. The smoke on the foot is minimal.

The draw flavors are a sweet tobacco, oakiness and leather.

Burn is razor sharp even in the wind.

The retrohail is all potpourri. Reminds me of my grandmother's house.

The finish is dry and tastes like peanuts.

Ash is grey and powdery falling off every inch or so.

2nd 3rd

The second third the Draw flavors shifted. All of a sudden it became a strong earth and leather core with only a hint of sweet tobacco. Losing the oakiness all together.

The smoke input jumped up. I felt like I was blowing clouds of smoke.

The finish picked up a saltyness. And lost most of the nutty flavor.

Final 3rd

(Sorry the pic is actually in the middle of the final 3rd my Son woke up and I forgot to take a pic sooner.)

The flavors in the final third were the same as the second all the way.

I let it die with about an inch and a quarter left as the smoke was getting too hot for me to enjoy. It was 11:50 when I let it go out.

Overall I'd give this smoke a solid 6 out of 10. It was pretty mid range on flavor and mild on strength. Nothing special but not bad. I smoked it on an empty stomach and I feel fine. It would be a good everyday stick of the price is right.

This reminded me of a La Gloria Cubana. I am probably wrong though haha.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Last edited: