What's new

Blind Reviews Thread

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Just wanted to point out that we are nearing the 4 week mark for the remaining couple of reviews.

K.C. or skull, please PM me if you need some more time.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
It appears we are almost done with the ones I sent out.

If anybody feels like taking on the proverbial torch, please feel free to.
Alex,
I'd be willing to send a more "budget minded" batch out for review as long as Brothers will smoke them and give their honest reviews/opinions. Well, maybe not ALL budget... Gotta keep it interesting, too, right?!
Think anyone would bite?
-Clint

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Blind Review: B3

Smoke Time: 7:40 - 8:50

Size: Belicoso

Construction & Appearance: Cigar has a reddish brown wrapper with a nice oily sheen. It does have a couple major veins and a few chips in the wrapper along the seams, neither affected the burn. The cap is nicely applie

First 3rd: Cigar starts off with a very mild, sweet cedar taste. I'm also getting something I've never gotten in a cigar before, a medicinal taste very similar to black licorice. Even though I'm not a fan of the candy, this was a very pleasant taste in a cigar. Leather starts to come through towards the end of the first 3rd.

Second 3rd: The burn started to get a little wonky but it auto corrected itself pretty quickly. Leather is picking up and the cedar is starting to fall into the back ground. Getting some spice on my tongue but one minute it's there the next it's gone, a couple draws later and it's back again.

Final 3rd: Getting a good bit of roasted coffee coming through. The leather is still present but the cedar has died away.

Final Thoughts: Very enjoyable for a morning cigar. Would definitely smoke again.

Score: 89/100

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
That wraps it up, folks! Thanks all for participating!

B3 was the Cuesta Rey Centro Fino Sungrown. :thumbsup:

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Thanks for this Alex. It was great and it did what I hoped it would and made me realize that a cigar can taste good without a label on it, metaphorically speaking. FYI guys, the 601 Green Label Corona is going for $49.50 a box on Cigar Auctioneer right now. They have 30 at that price and only 14 have been bid on.

Thx again..

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I am going to sponsor this round of the blind reviews.

I am offering free cigars to willing participants. The bands will be removed, and replaced with home-made ones (something like "A1" and "C6", etc). You review them, I reveal them. Simple enough?

The emphasis on this thread is not to correctly guess what you are smoking (though you absolutely can). The emphasis is an honest review. What you liked, what you didn't like, would you want more, etc.

Rules
1. Minimum 6 months active on board.
2. Minimum 3 Trader Rating
3. You must post at least one review per week per cigar. So, if I send you 4 cigars... you have 4 weeks to complete the reviews. If you don't think that you can stick to that, don't sign up
4. I will send 1-5 unbanded cigars. There may be extra treats in there that don't require reviewing.
*5*. Not a rule, per say. But, I ask that you consider taking a "donor" position if you receive smokes and enjoy the experience. (Example later)

Outgoing: KoreanCowboy

If you would like to review unbanded smokes, quote the section above and add your name to the list. Once the list is full, the top name (in this case mine) will PM the recipients for their addresses.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Definitely gonna jump on this next round when I qualify. This is really cool of you guys to do. As a new cigar smoker these reviews have been really influential on me. Thanks mwlabel and KC.

Britt

Rating - 100%
17   0   0

I am offering free cigars to willing participants. The bands will be removed, and replaced with home-made ones (something like "A1" and "C6", etc). You review them, I reveal them. Simple enough?

The emphasis on this thread is not to correctly guess what you are smoking (though you absolutely can). The emphasis is an honest review. What you liked, what you didn't like, would you want more, etc.

Rules
3. You must post at least one review per week per cigar. So, if I send you 4 cigars... you have 4 weeks to complete the reviews. If you don't think that you can stick to that, don't sign up
4. I will send 1-5 unbanded cigars. There may be extra treats in there that don't require reviewing.
*5*. Not a rule, per say. But, I ask that you consider taking a "donor" position if you receive smokes and enjoy the experience. (Example later)

If you would like to review unbanded smokes, quote the section above and add your name to the list. Once the list is full, the top name (in this case mine) will PM the recipients for their addresses.
BUMP.. There are free cigars involved here.... You can let me know how many you'd like to review, from 1-5 cigars.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0

Rules

1. mdwest
2. Hoshneer

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Thanks Chief! I appreciate it.

I'd love to play. Really enjoyed reading the last round and think this will help me pay attention to the small details rather than the fancy names/labels. Thanks for hosting this KC
1. mdwest
2. Hoshneer
3. Chief StrongLeaf
4. cory1234
All spots filled! Thanks for joining guys. I'll PM everyone.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0