What's new

Blind Reviews Thread

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I've only had them fairly fresh. But, sean swears they get even better with age on them.
It's funny, I actually thought that might have had some age one it. The flavors were really bold, but there were no sharp edges to them. If that was fairly fresh, then yeah, I could see those getting even better with a year or so on them.

Blind Review: B4
Great review, man. Those always whoop my ass! Tasty cigar that isn't very expensive like Alex said.
Thanks. I could see that, I was about 2/3rd of the way through and my hands started getting a little jittery. Had I know what it was I probably would not have smoked it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Great cigar though, I'll definitely be pick up some more.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
D2

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1380595819.217086.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1380595847.618729.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1380595873.398037.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1380595905.946258.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1380595936.615261.jpg

Appearance:
Nice looking cigar. Smooth wrapper and firm throughout. Gordo size?

1st 3rd:
Cedar and hay with caramel popcorn. Lots of smoke out put. Very nice sweet taste. Perfect draw with straight cut.

2nd 3rd:
Earth and cedar and honey dominate the 2nd. Retrohale is very smooth with only a hint of pepper on the back end.

3rd 3rd:
Starts to get spicy with pepper increasing in dominance. Sweet honey taste still there but with hints of apple cinnamon.

Overall:
Perfect burn and draw was not too tight or not too loose. Goldilocks would have said "This ones just right"! Very nice cigar that took just over an hour to smoke. It got a little hot towards the end, but I was enjoying it so much, I couldn't put it down and I was picture happy.

Rating:
88/100

Would like to try this in a corona gorda size.

Thx..

KK33

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Lol great review Doug.

D2 was the El Suelo. It's 5.25x56. A bundle of 20 sells for $58 on Famous, using the BOTL coupon. Sadly, that "robusto" (I feel they took some liberties connecting that name and vitola) is the smallest size they offer.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Awww. Still a pretty decent cigar nonetheless. Thanks again Alex! Hey, can I do the next round of cigars??

KK33
Yep! Just copy the model from the OP.

In bold: Outgoing: Your name.
Followed by the number of spots you're offering.

People can then quote you to take them.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
D1

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1380687921.342529.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1380687955.300817.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1380687964.582331.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1380687992.398191.jpg

Appearance:
Dry wrapper with a fair bit of tooth. Veiny with some spongy spots near the foot. Good looking cigar.

1st 3rd:
Uh, idk, apple, wood and nuts maybe? Starts off mild and hard to pick up. Smoke output is decent. Not overpowering with a super smooth retro.

2nd 3rd:
Slightly woody, but with a deep sweetness that almost is like brown sugar. Wrapper flaked a bit in the middle, but I burn through it with no issues. Very smooth retro with nutty notes. Not peanut butter nutty, but more like Nutella. Haven't had that in years! Ha. Very toothy with beautiful oil bumps in the ash.

3rd 3rd:
Wood turns to milk chocolate with nuttiness still hanging in there.finishes medium with a nice blast of Vitamin N in the last 1 1/2".

Overall:
Good solid smoke that would start my day nicely. No burn issues as it had a nice draw all the way through. Smoke time just shy of 2 hours.

Rating:
86/100

KK33

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Haha. What's in a name? The numbers mean nothing really. Other than when I started with D4, that was my baseline. All others were either above or... well, you know what a baseline is. I never really have raved over Four Kicks or Headley Grange, but tastes do change over time and to each their own right? The JDHoward sitting in my humi is gonna get fire real soon so we'll see...

Thanks a bunch to Alex for doing this. I had a lot more fun writing the reviews than I thought I would and appreciate the thought that was put into the selection that you passed out to everyone.

Thx..

KK33

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Just burned A2. Pretty sure I know this one too. I believe it's a My Father No. 4 Lancero. I'm not a huge fan of the regular My Father line. This was a good (not great) smoke in my book. The flavor profile always seems muddled & somewhat lacking to me. Spice, cocoa, nutty, leather, some orange like sweetness throughout. Medium-full in body & strength. Nothing really pops out & makes me say "wow, that's good". I definitely wouldn't turn one down, but I won't seek one out either. Tell me I'm a idiot savant again, Alex. :)

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Way off, Kev! (Well, it's possible they come out of the same factory, I'm not sure).

But... A2 was the J Fuego Origen Lancero. I agree. They're good, not GREAT. But, they're also not priced at the same level as truly great cigars... so that bumps them up in my book.

Thanks for playing!

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Way off, Kev! (Well, it's possible they come out of the same factory, I'm not sure).

But... A2 was the J Fuego Origen Lancero. I agree. They're good, not GREAT. But, they're also not priced at the same level as truly great cigars... so that bumps them up in my book.

Thanks for playing!
Totally fooled on that one. As soon as I saw it, I immediately thought MF Lancero (the little pigtail cap being removed reinforced that idea to me as well), so maybe the power of suggestion clouded my judgement on that one. Many of the flavors reminded me of the MF profile too.

Thanks for hosting this, Alex. I had a great time & hopefully guys will benefit from these blind reviews when making their next purchase. I know I'll be grabbing some 601 green label coronas fo-sho. :)

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Blind Review: B1

Size: 5.5 x 50ish (Slight Box Press)

Smoke Time: 1hr 5min

Construction and Appearance: Triple cap, minimal veins and seams. Nice construction.

Review: I was going to try and do this review in thirds but this cigar really didn't change enough for me to make it worth it. The cigar started of very woody, with hints of cedar and spice. It has the flavor of what I would describe as aged tobacco. About half way into the first third the cedar really started to pick up and get borderline harsh. The cigar does have some earthy notes and I do get a hint of coffee here and there. But the overwhelming flavor for me was cedar, to me it completely dominated the cigar. It really seemed to knock out almost all the other flavors in the cigar. I'm not a huge fan of this at all. To me cedar is like horseradish, it can really enhance the flavors, but too much and it can take over.

Final Thoughts: This isn't something I typically look for in a cigar. I know there are some that love heavy cedar, it's just not for me. Construction, draw and burn were great the whole way through.

Score: 85/100

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Damn, I feel like a dick now, lol. I'm just going to blame it on being too early in the morning and being grumpy. I was actually thinking it was a My Father Cedros Deluxe, so I'm glad I wasn't too far off there. I normally like the My Father line especially after they've had a chance to rest a bit, but then again, I've never smoked one at 7am either. I'm definitely going to revisit that one. Thanks again, I'm having fun with these reviews.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
It appears we are almost done with the ones I sent out.

If anybody feels like taking on the proverbial torch, please feel free to.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
It appears we are almost done with the ones I sent out.

If anybody feels like taking on the proverbial torch, please feel free to.
Sorry man, I was going to, but I think I've got too many irons in the fire right now. Definitely expect some payback for the sticks you sent though!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD