What's new

Blind Reviews Thread

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Hey all,

I wouldn't mind seeing a few more reviews coming in here. And I certainly wouldn't mind if they were blind reviews too. So, here is the deal:

I am offering free cigars to willing participants. The bands will be removed, and replaced with home-made ones (something like "A1" and "C6", etc). You review them, I reveal them. Simple enough?

The emphasis on this thread is not to correctly guess what you are smoking (though you absolutely can). The emphasis is an honest review. What you liked, what you didn't like, would you want more, etc.

Rules
1. Minimum 6 months active on board.
2. Minimum 3 Trader Rating
3. You must post at least one review per week per cigar. So, if I send you 4 cigars... you have 4 weeks to complete the reviews. If you don't think that you can stick to that, don't sign up
4. I will send 1-5 unbanded cigars. There may be extra treats in there that don't require reviewing.
*5*. Not a rule, per say. But, I ask that you consider taking a "donor" position if you receive smokes and enjoy the experience. (Example later)

Outgoing: mwlabel

If you would like to review unbanded smokes, quote the section above and add your name to the list. Once the list is full, the top name (in this case mine) will PM the recipients for their addresses.

If you don't feel like reviewing sticks, but WOULD like to see some more... feel free to copy the section above and start your own post below. People can quote those posts as well.

Please feel free to post here or PM me with any questions.

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I'd like to participate. I'm having fun with the blind review pass that MoJo is running and I'm down to my last stick to review. I shouldn't have a problem completeing the reviews in the timeline or with donating some sticks for others to try.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
KoreanCowboy, shoot me a PM if you're truly interested. You're a site donor and plenty of feedback for only being here a few months. Exceptions can be made with proper justification.

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
I love this idea. I would love to do it, but it's difficult enough for me to find time to smoke a cigar right now, except for on the way home from work.

Although, I do have a couple of reviews that I need to post from cigars I smoked Thurs/Fri last week.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I love this idea. I would love to do it, but it's difficult enough for me to find time to smoke a cigar right now, except for on the way home from work.

Although, I do have a couple of reviews that I need to post from cigars I smoked Thurs/Fri last week.
Hey I'm just happy to see somebody posting up new reviews. This area is dead!

Anybody else want some FREE cigars??

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Put me in on this bro. I am typecasting myself into a Tatuaje/Liga hole and want to break out and try new things. The only thing is, don't expect some CA type bull reviews as my pallet is not quite up to a level that I'd like it to be.
(Ya I spelled pallet like that to give you the visualization of how unrefined it is...)

KK33

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Can't wait! I love doing real honest reviews and will be happy to contribute cigars for the cause. I'm always curious as to how different people "review" different cigars especially when it is a blind review. At least once a week I make my normal smoking buddy smoke an unbanded cigar. He's been very surprised most of the time when he finds out what he's smoking. It's changed his opinion on a few cigars.

Thanks again mwLabel!