What's new

Blind Reviews Thread

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Great reviews Kev. I really enjoy the Ava Maria's as well. I've had the same issue with them getting a little bitter towards the end, but all in all there a good cigar.

I'm also going to check out the 601 Green based on your review.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1380074859.172532.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1380074899.568090.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1380074937.288958.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1380075615.876116.jpg

Ok, let me start by saying, I have had this before.
Labelled D4
Appearance
Very veiny, rough construction. Varying degrees of toothiness was noticeable. My V cut buggered up the cap, so I hope it smokes well. Turns out it did. Looks like about a 5.5 x 52, but it don't have a caliper.
Pre Light
Barnyard smell with cedar
1st 3rd
Cedar and cinnamon. Small amounts of pepper and slightly creamy. Not a lot of smoke output, but this picks up through out the rest of the stick.
2nd 3rd
Lots of cedar and earth with a nice tobacco flavor. Pepper picking up, but not too much.
3rd 3rd
Pepper picks up to dominate with cedar secondary and hints of sweet cream. Nice smoke right to the end and as it gets closer to the nub, it starts to really become familiar, but it can't put my finger on it.
Final Thoughts
Real nice smoke that's not overpowering. Starts medium and finishes full. Get the feeling that I've had it before but not in this size?
85/100

KK33

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
D3
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1380162267.148378.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1380162294.493417.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1380162322.038543.jpg

Appearance:
Beautiful, dark, toothy wrapper. Slight box press. Assuming its a Lonsdale by the size. Feels firm throughout and could just tell by feel that it wouldn't have burn issues.

1st 3rd:
Pepper Blast! Right from the start... boom. Cocoa and milk chocolate creep up, but definitely earthy and spicy throughout the 1st. Chewy thick smoke rolls outa my mouth. Ever get grit from smoke? I got it on the first couple puffs. I've had this with others too, and I gotta say... I like it!

2nd 3rd:
Pepper subsides and takes a back seat to chocolate which becomes front and center. Lovin that maduro sweetness from the wrapper on my lips with each puff. Still slightly earth but spice fades away.

3rd 3rd:
Okay, my taste buds are dancing and tingling, but not from pepper. Ever have this? It's quite the feeling. Was worried about it going out so I was pulling on it every 40-50 seconds. This led me to believe that it would get hot at the end. On the contrary. It stayed cool until the end. Still chocolate-y, but started to get some coffee and some oak. Although I have never eaten oak, ya just gotta trust me on this one.

Overall:
Great cigar that i am hoping can be found at an everyday price. A couple touch ups were required, but evened itself out nicely. smoke time around 1.5 hours. Definitely nubbed it and would love to nub a box of these. Thanks Alex!

94/100

KK33

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
D3
View attachment 34848View attachment 34849View attachment 34850

Appearance:
Beautiful, dark, toothy wrapper. Slight box press. Assuming its a Lonsdale by the size. Feels firm throughout and could just tell by feel that it wouldn't have burn issues.

1st 3rd:
Pepper Blast! Right from the start... boom. Cocoa and milk chocolate creep up, but definitely earthy and spicy throughout the 1st. Chewy thick smoke rolls outa my mouth. Ever get grit from smoke? I got it on the first couple puffs. I've had this with others too, and I gotta say... I like it!

2nd 3rd:
Pepper subsides and takes a back seat to chocolate which becomes front and center. Lovin that maduro sweetness from the wrapper on my lips with each puff. Still slightly earth but spice fades away.

3rd 3rd:
Okay, my taste buds are dancing and tingling, but not from pepper. Ever have this? It's quite the feeling. Was worried about it going out so I was pulling on it every 40-50 seconds. This led me to believe that it would get hot at the end. On the contrary. It stayed cool until the end. Still chocolate-y, but started to get some coffee and some oak. Although I have never eaten oak, ya just gotta trust me on this one.

Overall:
Great cigar that i am hoping can be found at an everyday price. A couple touch ups were required, but evened itself out nicely. smoke time around 1.5 hours. Definitely nubbed it and would love to nub a box of these. Thanks Alex!

94/100

KK33
Glad you enjoyed it, bro! It's one of my favorites! D3 is the NHC Seleccion Limitada Reserva (done by Tatuaje, for NHC). They're ~$7 each... and if you'r ever looking to split a box, I know a guy ;)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Nice reviews KK!
On a side note: does it matter if we post the reviews in here or start a new thread? I'm kind of an attention whore so I like starting new threads but I can post in here too. I just want to make sure everyone sees our reviews. (I'm kidding about being an attention whore.)

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Have you had the Reserva too?

KK33
I edited my post, but that was the Reserva. The other version is a natural wrapper.

Nice reviews KK!
On a side note: does it matter if we post the reviews in here or start a new thread? I'm kind of an attention whore so I like starting new threads but I can post in here too. I just want to make sure everyone sees our reviews. (I'm kidding about being an attention whore.)
Either way is fine. Whatever you prefer.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Just burned A4. A Toro sized cigar with what looks like a seamless CT wrapper. If this isn't an AVO, I'll be very surprised! I'm an AVO whore, so keep that in mind. I thoroughly enjoyed this cigar while driving around town doing errands for work this morning. Hay, grass, sweet cream, nuts, toasted wood. Absolutely stunning retrohale. So smooth & crisp. Perfect draw & burned like a champ despite some small foot/wrapper damage (damn USPS :)). This, to me, is the epitome of a great morning cigar that's light bodied & medium strength, super flavorful & not overpowering in the least. I could smoke one of these with coffee every morning & be perfectly content. A box worthy cigar if the flavor profile is up your alley, IMO. Tell me I'm not crazy & this is an AVO, Alex. ;)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Blind Review: B4

Size: Lancero 7 3/8" x 38

Smoke Time: 7:55am - 9:10am

Stored At: 65%rh & 72*

Construction & Appearance: Great looking cigar with a Colorado colored wrapper. Looks like it had some sort of pigtail cap that probably broke off in transit. The seams and veins give the cigar a rustic looking appearance.

Pre-Light: Coco and a hint of cedar on the nose. No flavors from the pre-light draw. The draw seems perfect.

First 3rd: Coco and espresso at the front. There's a slight hint of black pepper tingling my tongue and giving a hint of spice to the retrohale. In the background there's a mossy, peat like flavor. This cigar would go great with a single malt.

Second 3rd: Still getting some coco and espresso, but not as prevalent as the first 3rd. Oak seems to be moving to the forefront now. The pepper is starting to get a little bit stronger but I'm starting to lose that nice peatyness. This cigar has no shortage of Vitamin N.

Final 3rd: Espresso is at the front now. Lots of pepper and cedar through the nose. This cigar has kept the same basic profile the whole way through, and I'm perfectly OK with that.

Final Thoughts: I need more of these in my life. Fantastic flavor profile, I really liked the way one flavor would drop back while another would come forward, without ever completely losing the flavors. 99% of the time this is exactly the profile I'm looking for in a cigar. Winner for sure, Thank you Alex. Score 94/100

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Nice, that's actually the first JdN lancero I've had. Definitely need to grab a few and at that price they're a steal. Thanks again. I really enjoyed that.