What's new

Bolivar Royal Corona - return to greatness

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Although the Bolivar Royal Corona has never been a dawg by any stretch of the imagination, many fans of this vitola have said that its earlier incarnations were heads and shoulders over above the more recent ones ...
until now. The word from those in the know say the latest runs of BRCs are one of the hottest things coming out of Havana.

I got a hold of one of the '06 yesterday and was knocked off my feet. When I took my traditional pre-light draw, I knew I was in for a treat. After firing her up, my senses were bombarded with myriad of flavors. That distinctive full spicy Bolivar flavor is there. Chocolate, cashews, spice and peppers hit in a delicious balanced bouquet. The draw was perfect ... not too loose and not too tight.

About a quarter of the way through, only chocolate and spice are present. At the half way point the strength lightens up but it eventually cresendos into a ballbusting finish.

Can you guys imagine these beauties with 5 or 6 years on them ? I'm not one who's into hype, so when Cigaraficionado gave the BRCs a big thumbs up, I barely gave notice but this is truly going to be a classic. I sure hope that this is a sign of things to come from Cuba. The care, talent and inspiration that made the puros cubanos world renown seems to have found their way into the rolling of these knuckle-burners. I hope that these are a glimpse of things to come !!!!

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Great news on the BRC, that's good to hear. I remember when they were thought of as one of the strongest cigars around.

I have had good success with different Bolis from '06 as well, including the PC and CE.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Shawn, try and get early 06's. I am hearing mixed reviews the later in the year they go.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
This was off my rotation until I tried one last week. What a great flavor.
Ever smoke a cigar that had tasted of a nutty core that loomed larger and larger until it overpowers the initial flavors of spice and earthiness? Talk about dominating the flavor of the cigar!!:hysterica :hysterica

With the recent BRCs tasting well, these are a Very very good cigar to keep in your rotation. :thumbsup:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
had my first one this morning...it was a gift from a vendor......WOW!!

it was probably the best Boli I have experienced BF included...like smoking a bowl of cream...no harshness from the foot to the head, spicy, toasty nutty....sure glad i got a box of FEB06 on the way

stick