What's new

BOTL™ 2012 Lancero by Drew Estate

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
@jliu, Hosh speaks wisely, I remember sending out the last of my 2010 BOTL sticks just a few months ago to a newer member that didn't have a chance to get them. Once the buying frenzy ends the sharing begins, this crew is one of the most generous bunch of people one could ever hope to meet. BTW, welcome to BOTL.
A generous bunch indeed. I love it here. Stick around and you'll see that this is the best forum on the web. Hands down. Now head over to the intros and tell us more about yourself!

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I guess my previous post made me look like a bigot. I am totally happy these cigars are drawing more and more people here, I guess I just got a bit defensive and flustered at the thought of profiles with less than 2 or 3 posts getting these instead of me. But like others have states, this forum is about more than personal gain, I'm sure I will be able to smoke at least one or two of these even if I cannot get my hands on a box.

Didn't mean to make anyone feel apologize. I apologize if I did.
It's all good. Its hard to not get excited about this batch. Drew Estate & Botl, this is gonna be a hell of a special stick. We will want these years from now. ;)

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Sorry guys. Had absolutely no intention of just making it seem like I'm here for the cigar. One of the reps from Podmancigars.com told me about this site and suggested I check it out to get all the info. It seems like a decent amount of you guys are offended by this. I apologize. I'm actually a fairly decent contributor to the cigar.com forums (not that that should give me any credibility). Moderator, please feel free to delete my posts. The last thing I want to do is alter the true meaning of BOTL.
No, no, no, people are just getting antsy is all, you didn't do a single thing wrong. Personally, I'd rather we gain some good new members than get a single cigar. Knowledgeable members being added to the fold would be worth far more than tasting a cigar that I haven't ever had, lived just fine before I heard about it, and will live just fine after it's gone. :)

Please feel free to hang around, you're MORE than welcome. :)

Last edited:

Fia

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sorry guys. Had absolutely no intention of just making it seem like I'm here for the cigar. One of the reps from Podmancigars.com told me about this site and suggested I check it out to get all the info. It seems like a decent amount of you guys are offended by this. I apologize. I'm actually a fairly decent contributor to the cigar.com forums (not that that should give me any credibility). Moderator, please feel free to delete my posts. The last thing I want to do is alter the true meaning of BOTL.
jliu go ahead make a post of yourself in the introductions section. This a good group of people here.

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
Laughing my ass off right now. I check this thread every day or two and had to go back a couple pages to figure out where the tempest in a teapot started. Damn I love this place! Jliu, welcome to the ocassionally-ever-so-slighty-dysfunctional BOTL family. You'll love it here.....truly. This is the best bunch of cigar smoking miscreants on the net, bar none!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Originally Posted by AussieMitch
Well i may pull out of a box of these. At the price they're at on the site, plus shipping, and potentially getting stung taxes on entry to Aus, may be looking at a $350 box. Bit out of my budget...
PM sent.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I would be happy with a 5 pack really. My question is, how many of these boxes everyone is buying are actually gonna get smoked. I always see exclusives like these come out and then they turn into commodities instead of being smoked and enjoyed. It seems like such a waste if that is the case.
Maybe they should make 2 different batches. One for the people who will smoke em, and another with old Victor Sinclair left overs as filler for the folks who are just gonna sit on em and never smoke em. Just a thought. LOL

podman28

Podman Cigar Company
Rating - 98.6%
258   2   0
I just checked Podman's site. A little disappointed that the box is same price per as the singles.
Apparently you didn't read the initial post then and also realize these aren't being sold as singles. Please relax and read everything. These aren't priced any different than the L-40 which you really can't get either.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Apparently you didn't read the initial post then and also realize these aren't being sold as singles. Please relax and read everything. These aren't priced any different than the L-40 which you really can't get either.
Not to be rude but I read the whole post and went to your website. I know that singles arent being sold but there is an MSRP of $12.95 and the box cost is $12.95 X 15 cigars.I am not sure what the 5 pack is but would it cost $12.95 X 5? I am new to this site but not to smoking cigars and am used to seeing single price, 5 pack price when offered and box price with the price per cigar going down as the quantity goes up. That is all I meant.

podman28

Podman Cigar Company
Rating - 98.6%
258   2   0
Not to be rude but I read the whole post and went to your website. I know that singles arent being sold but there is an MSRP of $12.95 and the box cost is $12.95 X 15 cigars.I am not sure what the 5 pack is but would it cost $12.95 X 5? I am new to this site but not to smoking cigars and am used to seeing single price, 5 pack price when offered and box price with the price per cigar going down as the quantity goes up. That is all I meant.
I do understand your reasoning but there are only 200 boxes of this cigar. There is a coupon code for BOTL members to get 10% off and a portion of the sales go directly to the forum. Since there are only 200 boxes we don't want just a few guys buying huge volume. They are meant to be spread around to everyone. In the end it is a personal decision on whether or not someone would like to make a purchase or not. In several brands the MSRP is exactly what the cigar price is times the number of cigars in the box. The L-40 is like that. I hope that many guys will have a chance to get some of these and the forum will prosper as well.