What's new

BOTL Canadian Herf -- July 24-26th, Southern Ontario

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/td-dv-eng.html#_s2a

Identification requirements for U. S. citizens and permanent residents

If you are a U.S. citizen, ensure you carry proof of citizenship such as a passport, birth certificate, a certificate of citizenship or naturalization, a U.S. Permanent Resident Card, or a Certificate of Indian Status along with photo identification. If you are a U.S. permanent resident, ensure you carry proof of your status such as a U.S. Permanent Resident Card.

For all modes of entry, we recommend you carry a valid passport for all travel abroad, including visits to Canada from the United States. A passport may be required by your airline or alternative transportation authority, as it is the only universally-accepted identification document.

Citizens and permanent residents of the United States who are members of the NEXUS or FAST programs may present their membership cards to the CBSA as proof of identity and as documents that denote citizenship, when arriving by land or marine modes only.

All visitors arriving from or transiting through the United States are encouraged to visit the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Web site for information concerning the U.S. Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative, and the requirements to enter or return to the United States.

Last edited:

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
You don't need a passport to cross border to Canada or come back.

You do need identification (birth certificate and picture id.) Is a passport better? yes, but don't need one. Passports are a TSA rule, not a customs rule.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Looking forward to this as it will be my first opportunity to attend a HERF in my own Country...lol. I went to Jenuwine Cigar in Michigan last year and Herfed with some of the BOTL brothers and also travelled to New Jersey for the Saints & Sinners Jersey Herf last year and will be attending again this year too. :) My offer still stands if anyone needs a ride. I live about halfway between Dutton and Detroit and would be willing to pick up anyone from the Detroit Airport or nearby if needed. Just let me know folks.

FYI....not 100% on this from the American side of the issue but whenever I cross by car into Detroit and then back home again I need to show my Passport to U.S. and Canadian Customs.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is still on my radar. A lot depends on what is going on at work so will know more as the date gets closer. If all works out I'll be riding one of the motorcycles over to Dutton.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
That is, if a Sabres fan is welcome (paper bag on head). :oops:
After losing out on McDavid I guess the least we could do is allow you to come herf with us. :giggle:

Great to see a few more guys thinking about making the trip. Keep me posted as plans evolve and post up some stuff you guys would like to do as far as golf/brewery etc and I'll make some arrangements :)

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Awesome news! You guys are welcome to show up any time; As it gets closer and we have more of an idea who all is coming in we can firm up plans for the day. Also, post up if there's anything I mentioned that would be of interest (ie beer tour, golf, poker etc) but keeping in mind you can't smoke basically anywhere here so if it's going to be mainly a Saturday event for some we're probably better to just chill here.

As for what to bring, at this point all I can really think of is a lawn chair, cooler and a bathing suit really. We'll take care of the food and have lots of soft drinks and canadian beer on hand. Beyond that, as plans evolve and we get a better sense of who's coming in for what length of time we can firm up stuff as the weekend gets closer.