What's new

BOTL Canadian Herf -- July 24-26th, Southern Ontario

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Brant and Jodi, Wow! What an amazing time. We couldn't have asked for two better hosts. The food & drink, the hospitality, the welcoming and relaxed atmosphere really made for an awesome time. The time and effort you put in to everything was greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
A big shout-out to *everyone* who shanked me and @8ball at this outstanding herf (especially our incredibly generous hosts @bdc30 and Jodi). Wonderful food and company! People just sitting around flinging gars at each other and drinking beer -- what a concept! (y) We were herf newbies this year, but next time we'll be armed to the teeth...;)

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
Lesson: Make sure you say you're staying for longer than 2 days if you're carrying 50 cigars per person, they attach a "reasonable consumption" cover all phrase in the importation rules. Going through Immigration was a pain in the boot!

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Lesson: Make sure you say you're staying for longer than 2 days if you're carrying 50 cigars per person, they attach a "reasonable consumption" cover all phrase in the importation rules. Going through Immigration was a pain in the boot!
It was crazy nuts crossing into Canada!! Oh well lesson learned lol.
Yeah, it ain't what it used to be. We actually had background checks done us while they searched our car. Coming back was actually quite easy, even with cigars laying across the backseat.
I remember pre 9/11,
"Where are you going?"
"To a bar"
"Ok, have fun"

Since its been 11 years since my dui, I was happy to get across no problem, and I told them about it upfront. My wife has never been to Toronto, so at least now I know I shouldn't have too many issues.

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
No problems in the US they asked if I brought anything back and I said "I only bought five cases of beer in duty free" and they let me go. Didn't even ask about tobacco