What's new

BOTL Gives Back - Operation Esteli, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm glad this finally got launched! There were several good discussions over a cigar about this while I was couch surfing at Dave's. For those of you who haven't traveled abroad, little things make huge differences. I'm happy to help out and work on some future opportunities for MPI as well.

DR

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Brad was talking about this on Safari this year and I thought it was a great idea. I am glad you guys were able to put something together.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Thanks for all of the kind words and support guys.. We are really excited about this and hope this turns in to a big success.

Over the coming weeks there will be plenty of ways to available to get involved. Ill be in touch with those that have PM'd so far in the next day or two (still recovering from the HERF.. its going to take me until tomorrow to get back on my feet properly :) ).. and start talking with you guys about how you can help us out and make this "dream" a reality..

In the meantime.. what we REALLY need from the membership in the short term is help getting the word out about what we are up to here.... the more people we can make aware of our activities, the easier it is going to be to reach our goal... and the more exposure we can bring to the educational situation in Esteli, the better the chance of us being able to do something to really make an impact and start the process of helping the next generation achieve progress and change..

If you use twitter.. follow both BOTL and MPI on twitter.. and when you see a "tweet" about Operation Esteli.. re-tweet it for us..

https://twitter.com/mpinitiative

https://twitter.com/botlorg

If you use facebook... like both BOTL and MPI on facebook.. "like" the posts you find about Operation Esteli.. and help us reach as many people as we possibly can..

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Micro-Project-Initiative/302635493207550

https://www.facebook.com/BOTLORG

If you subscribe to any cigar blogs, or any other type of online media outlet where you can make comments or tell people about what we are doing here.. please do.... share a link to this thread.. etc...

and then continue to watch this thread for more information as we continue to go down this path.. (expect an announcement about our first fundraising "event" in the next 48 hours.. :) )....

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
You got it Dave! I have been telling the locals now about it, so I am hoping to get them involved as well. Hope this is overwhelmingly successful for its first year.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
ok guys I hope I can post this here, I currently running a contest in the marketplace with great prize's, but to thought maybe I should also figure out a way to also give back so check it out

http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php/73572-Monster!-BOMB-a-Brother-Contest!!!!-3-Top-Prizes!!!!
Awesome idea Kloned! Thank You!
Thank you Brother for doing this! looks like Jim - problemsolverjc is also going to get in on the action! If anyone else would like to get in please feel free to PM me

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
this is some DAMN fine work, gentlemen, and i was amazed when dave and brad unveiled it at the herf (because the wilds of TN are without service, doncha'know).

the most important thing: we ALL love to talk, we ALL love to give, and we ALL get really impassioned over things. next time you wanna bomb someone out, or bullshit about the weather or sports to your local, or post pix about cigars or beer or food, remember that a little effort goes a LONG way for people like this. think what the cost of your next "surprise flat rate" would do for this program. think about what a small conversation to get your local shop to post a flyer, or your employer about their charity needs, would mean to this community. spread word at your hang out (and being nicaragua, this might work at a coffee place as well...), your church, any social media you do, hash tag this shit, do a flyer campaign, place random bumper stickers on parked cars... ok, probably not the last, but old habits die hard.

time is good. money (or prizes for raffles) are good. your voice is better. this is cool as shit, and we can do great stuff with this, SHOUT ABOUT IT everywhere you can!

huge ups to dave, brad, and E on this, and matt, your logo is cool as hell, sir. o)

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
This is outstanding guys, we as a group can make such a differences to this region of a third world county. Let keep this up, Lets show everyone that "BOTL is Operation Esteli"

Keep an eye out for Actions n Raffles More good things to come .

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
So when is the first raffle or auction, and where can I buy me a wicked cool yodis logo shirt?

less drunky,
-Chrisso

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Be looking for t-shirts soon (I think within the next couple of days)....

I forgot to mention earlier when I posted the FB and twitter links... you can follow Operation Esteli on instagram as well...

Instagram ID = microprojectinit

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Be looking for t-shirts soon (I think within the next couple of days)....

I forgot to mention earlier when I posted the FB and twitter links... you can follow Operation Esteli on instagram as well...

Instagram ID = microprojectinit
Did our artwork discussion work out?

DR

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Last edited:

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
First 2 auctions are up and running (Brad and I have both put up a box)... whose next? :)

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
you asked for T-shirts...

we now have T-shirts!

https://www.booster.com/operationesteli2014

Price: $20 (plus shipping)

All proceeds from sales go directly to Operation Esteli, 2014.

Only available for purchase until May 16th, 2014.

Shirts will ship approximately 2 weeks after the sale is closed out (they should be on the way to your house by the end of May)...

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
you asked for T-shirts...

we now have T-shirts!

https://www.booster.com/operationesteli2014

Price: $20 (plus shipping)

All proceeds from sales go directly to Operation Esteli, 2014.

Only available for purchase until May 16th, 2014.

Shirts will ship approximately 2 weeks after the sale is closed out (they should be on the way to your house by the end of May)...
Can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.