What's new

BOTL Pipe Newbie Sampler Thread

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Dan (Deadman's Point) just dropped this awesome newbie package on me.

The smell is intoxicating, I certainly have my work cut out for me.

J.M. Boswell Christmas Cookie
J.M. Boswell Northwoods
Stag Tobacco Private Stock
Smoker's Haven Exotique
Manil Semois
Bell's Three Nuns
Captain Black

A nice meerschaum cob, cleaners and a tool.

Absolutely stoked to get really into pipes, couldn't have expected this assortment. Thanks a bunch Dan!

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I'm interested in your comparison between the Balkan Sobranie and White Knight. The vendor has a couple Balkan Sobranie matches that are marketed and produced over the last few years.
No comparison in my opinion. The White Knight was matched to an Sobranie. The new Balkan Sobranie is good in it's own way.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Dan (Deadman's Point) just dropped this awesome newbie package on me.

The smell is intoxicating, I certainly have my work cut out for me.

J.M. Boswell Christmas Cookie
J.M. Boswell Northwoods
Stag Tobacco Private Stock
Smoker's Haven Exotique
Manil Semois
Bell's Three Nuns
Captain Black

A nice meerschaum cob, cleaners and a tool.

Absolutely stoked to get really into pipes, couldn't have expected this assortment. Thanks a bunch Dan!
He just skipped the deep end of the pool and threw you right in to shark infested waters! Way to go, Dan!

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
and i dove right in. love em all, prob gave the poor ccob a workout. but patiently awaiting the 5 pipes i ordered. although, and don't mind my description, still not sure what all that black baccy is, esp in exotique and northwood, but damn does it smell like funky b.o. just a lil. officially converted.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I got the itch and decided to try pipe smoking. I just ordered some Meerschaum cob pipes and some sample tobaccos just to ge started and see how I like it.

That being said, Pipe Newbie here ready to jump into the deep end.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
and i dove right in. love em all, prob gave the poor ccob a workout. but patiently awaiting the 5 pipes i ordered. although, and don't mind my description, still not sure what all that black baccy is, esp in exotique and northwood, but damn does it smell like funky b.o. just a lil. officially converted.
Ha... most say that it smells like smokey ketchup. Think of it like cigars... the best ones smell like a barnyard.