What's new

BOTL Pipe Newbie Sampler Thread

ChipS

Chip
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Ok Ian doesn't mess around, he nailed me. Or rather I-Holed me...postman dropped a package on my porch this morning so I stepped outside to pick it up. It smelled delicious (best word to use to describe it). I grabbed a knife and opened her up and holy hell man, this is way too much!

I am truly grateful and a bit humbled. I had to open every bag to smell the baccy - not sure which one to try first and can't wait to try them all. To add in an additional knockdown on an over the top package @Iholmes included a fantastic lineup of cigars as well, couple of my favorites and several I've never had before but can't wait to try.
Ian I will probably say it a few more times but thank you! Way too much, I owe you big time.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I'd recommend trying the Straus blends first!! Tasty for sure!!
Hey Chris - if you (or anyone else reading this for that matter) ever needs a mule for anything Straus, let me know. I have a stack of SFRs in my office & the shop is only ~.5mi from my house. It couldn't be more convenient.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
So I was sitting out the back having my morning coffee and cigar thinking to myself "it's a bit odd that Ron has received my package first." Then it dawned on my that I didn't check my letterbox yesterday. Probably because it was missing due to it having been blown up!!!!!
Thanks so much brother. This will certainly give me a gentle push down the pipe slope. It all looks and smells amazing!!!

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
So I was sitting out the back having my morning coffee and cigar thinking to myself "it's a bit odd that Ron has received my package first." Then it dawned on my that I didn't check my letterbox yesterday. Probably because it was missing due to it having been blown up!!!!!
Thanks so much brother. This will certainly give me a gentle push down the pipe slope. It all looks and smells amazing!!!
I can't believe I forgot to include one of my photos of the great package sent to me! It's probably been over 25 years since I've even smelled this, much less tasted it!

uploadfromtaptalk1461372024676.jpg

Haha thanks Ben! As soon as I figure out how you're supposed to eat this I'll give it a go :)

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0

The Munt

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Nice selection mate!

Be over in 5 (y)

The Munt

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I can't believe I forgot to include one of my photos of the great package sent to me! It's probably been over 25 years since I've even smelled this, much less tasted it!

View attachment 80458

Haha thanks Ben! As soon as I figure out how you're supposed to eat this I'll give it a go :)
Nice!

By the way Ron, Hot Toast, lots of butter and a very small amount of vegemite is the way to go, put it on like jam and it will end you haha!

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Nice!

By the way Ron, Hot Toast, lots of butter and a very small amount of vegemite is the way to go, put it on like jam and it will end you haha!
I actually googled "how do you eat vegimite" LOL Toast and butter it was. Had some this morning and I gotta say, I liked it! I'll get trying using it more for sure. Maybe I'll be able to fit a vegimite and cheese toast sandwich in this weekend too. thanks again @nebjay :)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well as i sit here on a sunny afternoon in the back yard, i and called by a friend of mine and told me to go out to the front of the house because he rode by and saw smoke coming from my mail box. Thinking some little asshole kid has probably played a joke on me I run out front to see if i can catch them. As i get the door open all i can see is smoke as it fills the yard. HOLY HELL!!! The post that use to hold the mail box is all that is left. Upon further investigation i found that the mail lady had left this BOMB from @Iholmes and has now cost me a mail box. Holy cow dude!!!!! You really know how to make someone feel WELCOME!!! I cant thank you enough Brother. You have done far above what was ever to be expected!!!! Cheers Mate!!20160423_143441-1.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I actually googled "how do you eat vegimite" LOL Toast and butter it was. Had some this morning and I gotta say, I liked it! I'll get trying using it more for sure. Maybe I'll be able to fit a vegimite and cheese toast sandwich in this weekend too. thanks again @nebjay :)
Haha no worries Ron. You didn't make your son try it did you?
Once you get your confidence up with it you can try one of my favourites. Vegemite and avocado on toast. :)