What's new

BOTL Weight Loss Thread

jkittle99

Josh
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I'm down 11lbs since my last post. I've nearly but entirely given up soda. I drink a bit less alcohol than I had prior, but not to the point of giving it up completely. I've been riding my bike several times a week, and just making smarter eating decisions. Also taking Alli. So far so good.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Motivation is very necessary to become better, lose weight, become more healthy.
Motivation is for losers - if you can’t get your ass up off the couch and motivate yourself, no speaker is gonna do it for you.
Hence, you should be careful to filter out the speakers who only give you fluff - it sounds cool, it’s quotable, makes you feel energetic for a few hours, and than it’s gone.
Listen to people with applicable advice - things you can take away and apply immediately. A great inspirational speaker http://ghinsberg.com/inspirational-speaker/ . I love to listen to him and read his book.
I explained myself on the right actions and really helped me.

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I have been doing the Ketogenic Diet and while I absolutely hate most vegetables it's still working out pretty great for me. I was a little worried at first and to be honest before the diet I had no idea how reliant I was on sugar but after the first week I was good.

I'm like three weeks or so in and have lost 20 pounds. I'm honestly excited because this feels like the first diet that doesn't feel completely like a diet.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I'll add to this.

Early 2017 work is doing a "weight loss challenge". I've never been big but I've been significantly overweight and I just wasn't doing anything to make that better. I decided to hop in and over the 12 weeks I lost about 25 lbs. We finished around June. Perfect as golf season was upon us and I'd be walking a lot through the summer. At that point I had gone from 200lbs to 175 (my goal is generally 170-175) so I was happy! Summer comes and goes and November hits and I'm back > 185lbs. Just generally not being super active and eating whatever crap we wanted. Wifey decides she's going to buckle down as she's pretty much the heaviest shes ever been. She's always had success with the keto diet when she's stuck with it so she decided to go with a low carb diet that didn't make her hate losing. At the same time I decided I'd go back to my calorie counting and start working out.

I found one of many "fitness programs" out there that was 12 weeks - 6 days a week and all gym work with just occasional minor cardio (I can't do cardio - just mentally can't say engaged). At the end of 12 weeks I was anywhere from 170-175lbs again depending on the day and in FAR better shape. That ended early February and I've since picked up the Athlean-X program. I know enough to do my own workouts but I do much better with something laid out for me. So far I'm still doing six days a week at the gym - its easier when they're all an hour or less - but it's been 16 weeks so I'm super happy. This picture isn't entirely current but it's not far off.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Ok, my turn. I've always had a struggle with weight, since I was a children. I could always lose some, but then gain it back ten-fold.

Last year I got really serious about weight loss and lost 19 lbs, not a lot, but I was happy. Then I went to Vegas to my 1st IPCPR show, and said fuck it......gained it all back. I told myself I'd start again in Jan of 18, I did.......for about a week........sigh.

So, gonna do it again, I went ahead and read this entire thread, congrats to those that stuck with it and achieved loss. I downloaded the MFP app. my email is: bassmanirrate@gmail.com if interested.

Starting Weight: 309
Goal : 200
Start Date 3/16/18

Wish me luck

I will start weighing myself every Sunday, starting next Sunday (3/25/18) and post my updates here.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Ok, my turn. I've always had a struggle with weight, since I was a children. I could always lose some, but then gain it back ten-fold.

Last year I got really serious about weight loss and lost 19 lbs, not a lot, but I was happy. Then I went to Vegas to my 1st IPCPR show, and said fuck it......gained it all back. I told myself I'd start again in Jan of 18, I did.......for about a week........sigh.

So, gonna do it again, I went ahead and read this entire thread, congrats to those that stuck with it and achieved loss. I downloaded the MFP app. my email is: bassmanirrate@gmail.com if interested.

Start Date 3/16/18

Wish me luck

I will start weighing myself every Sunday, starting next Sunday (3/25/18) and post my updates here.
get'r done! and don't sweat the occasional slip ups / bad days they as they will happen. you may even go backwards on occasion. what really matters is how you respond and continue forward!

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
get'r done! and don't sweat the occasional slip ups / bad days they as they will happen. you may even go backwards on occasion. what really matters is how you respond and continue forward!
Thanks for the encouragement man

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
24   0   0

Start Date 3/16/18

Wish me luck

Good luck! You got this and I’ll be doing the same. Keep us updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Here's my update as promised :

Start Date 3/16/18

Today's weight: 305.4

Haven't had a soda, been eating a salad every day for lunch, also mixing in an apple and peach a day......peaches are NOT in season gentlemen, more like eating a fuzzy pear.

Next update next Sunday (4/1, also Easter)

Wish me luck

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Started beginning of February at 208ish and decided to start getting back serious with my eating and tracking macros etc and also began faster cardio twice a week
Before work which I’ve just changed to 3 times this past week and so far I’ve dropped 7.5-8lbs and an finally sub200 again at 199.5lbs!

I don’t necessarily have a number in mind because I’m more so going with a feel/look that I will fell comfortable with but I’d guess it’ll be somewhere around 190 which is where I used to be at prior to the wedding 2 years ago.

Good luck to everyone on their own journeys, it’s definitely tough but so worth it in the end. This weekend hasn’t been the greatest as I haven’t tracked much and it’s Palm Sunday so I’m eating out of the norm but tomorrow we’ll be
Back on track!

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Started beginning of February at 208ish and decided to start getting back serious with my eating and tracking macros etc and also began faster cardio twice a week
Before work which I’ve just changed to 3 times this past week and so far I’ve dropped 7.5-8lbs and an finally sub200 again at 199.5lbs!

I don’t necessarily have a number in mind because I’m more so going with a feel/look that I will fell comfortable with but I’d guess it’ll be somewhere around 190 which is where I used to be at prior to the wedding 2 years ago.

Good luck to everyone on their own journeys, it’s definitely tough but so worth it in the end. This weekend hasn’t been the greatest as I haven’t tracked much and it’s Palm Sunday so I’m eating out of the norm but tomorrow we’ll be
Back on track!
Good job man, keep it up

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Weight loss is a long journey for many, it starts one step or pound at a time. Those you have a goal weight, know where they would like to be. Those who work on reaching their goal will be successful, those who only talk about a goal, and never take the first step will fail.

I tell Vets the VA has a FREE Program, called Tele-M.O.V.E. I started it nine months ago, lost 25#, goal is 7#'s away. Fast no, work yes. If you are a Vet, check it out, it's FREE.

Believe it or not some Vets are not married, or ? The VA even has cooking classes, classes on heat to buy, E what to avoid buying. All Free Programs available to Vets.