What's new

BOTL Weight Loss Thread

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I am making this post mostly for myself as I was able to lose a good deal of weight during the 2016 Biggest Loser Contest. I have since fallen off the wagon a bit and decided to start a thread to keep myself accountable. Being the spirit of BOTL I didn't want to make a thread only to track my progress but wanted to ask other brothers to join in. I will be submitting a weekly weigh in tracking my progress here on Monday's. Other brothers are more than welcome to post alongside me if they choose. I would love to see stories of success, pictures, nutrition plans that helped you, etc. My vision for this thread is one where people can post regularly and help to serve to keep them accountable for their food/workout habits the prior week. If you would like to join participate in any fashion please do so. There is no formal format for posting and if you would like to follow my format feel free or again do whatever you like.

Why I want to Lose Weight:
Back in August of 2015 we had a family picture taken with my wives family. After getting the pictures back from the photographer I was shocked and ashamed of my appearance and how badly I had let myself go. That feeling stayed with me for quite a few mos before I was motivated enough to do something about it. I have a 15 month daughter and a baby due in June. I want to make sure that not only I am around for them for as long as possible. I didn't want to be that overweight dad that can't play soccer in the yard, or fit on roller coasters. Or not have the energy to roughhouse when I get home from work because I have been carrying around all this extra weigh all day.

My Weight Loss Goals:
At the start of the year I was my heaviest I have ever been 323.0 Lbs. I decided then to start a weight loss plan. My goal is to be down to 220.0 Lbs. by the end of the year. As of today that leaves me 34 weeks to lose 71.2 lbs. or 2.09 lbs. a week. So my weekly weigh in success or failure will be determined by that loss or not of 2.09 lbs.

My Weight Loss Plan:
Utilizing the fitness pal app. and a food scale I plan to eat the recommended calorie intake. Currently based on a sedentary lifestyle I will be able to eat 1,900 calories a day to lose at a rate of 2 lbs. a week. I will no longer be consuming calories from drinks with the exception of my morning coffee, and yes this means no alcohol. In addition to a simple calorie in/ calorie out diet I will be doing some moderate weight lifting 3x a week. In addition I will be doing nightly walks with my daughter when the weather permits.

I use the Fitness Pal app and my associated email is Jnoble3193@gmail.com. If you want to send me a friend request so we can help to motivate one another please feel free.

Starting Weight on 1/1/16: 323.0 Lbs.
Current Weight on 5/2/16: 291.2 Lbs.
Total Weight Loss so Far: 31.8 Lbs.
Total Percentage Weight Loss: 9.9%

So without Further delay here is my Week 1/34 weigh in.

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I've been slowly working on weight for months now. I've lost weight before and now I'm doing it slow. I eat enough that I don't feel like I'm starving and when I crave something terribly I just eat it.

The main thing is I make sure I log everything and try to stay under 2000 calories. I'm down to 305 and that is from around 340 earlier this year. I'm in it for the long haul this time.

And God Bless MyFitnessPal.

2020pdx

Dan
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well done! I'll chime in with my progress from time to time. I just started a weight loss goal of 55lbs. I'm currently at 265. I've my weight creep up over the last few years and I'm now at a point where I can't do the physical activities - running, biking, skiing, golf, etc - at the level I would like to. I'm 6'4" so it was easy to carry around more weight without it being obvious for while, but things have gotten out of hand. Thanks for the inspiration.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Yeah this was the year i promised my self to start living healthier. So start of the year went to the doc for a physical. weight was 317 lbs, highest i'd ever been and blood work came back I'm pre diabetic. Being 38yrs old and having a family history of diabetes I had to do something started on 1900 calorie diet and going for a 45 minute up tempo walk with my dog. went back to doc an April 1st. 12.5 weeks later and was at 298. 1.52 lbs a week average. Which is good but me and doc agreed 2 lb a week should be the new goal and went to a 1500 calorie diet, I could of just increased my exercise but I'm a realist and new i'd be better at sticking to meal plan than an exercise plan. I'm also using the fitness pal app. Don't know my current weight since my old scale died on me, going pick up another one but I did go yesterday and get myself a new, SMALLER belt so i know i'm heading in the right direction.
Personal fitness app email is: goingpostal831@gmail.com feel free to add me as a friend.

Starting weight: 317lbs on 1/4/16
3/1/16 306 lbs 8 weeks / 1.3 lb avg (1900 calorie)
4/1/16 298 lbs 4.5 weeks / 1.7 lb avg. (1900 calorie)

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Starting weight: 317lbs on 1/4/16
3/1/16 306 lbs 8 weeks / 1.3 lb avg (1900 calorie)
4/1/16 298 lbs 4.5 weeks / 1.7 lb avg. (1900 calorie)
5/8/16 268 lbs 5 weeks/ 6 lb avg (1500 calorie)
5/15/16 268.8 1 week/ gained .8 lbs (sick but avg. 2100 calories)

Well this is my update, was surprised when i weighed in at 268 lb. I'm pretty sure it's off a few pounds just cause the previous weights had been taken at doctors office after lunch and with my work boots on. So now i'm just weighing myself first thing sunday morning to keep it consistent. I was sick most of last week so I diet went out the window while i tried to get over it. I was still trying my best to log what i ate and all things considered only gaining one pound isn't all that bad. Finally kicked the cold and now back to get back on the wagon.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a bit older than most of you (63) and it seems like I just put on about 3-5 lbs a year for too many years. Add to that the stress of losing a business, losing a job and the lbs just keep on coming. I'm a stress eater and a chronic over eater and that doesn't help any diet plan. While I haven't gotten to the weight that some of you guys did, my doctor and my cardiologist both tell me I've got to drop 30 to 50 lbs. My daughter wants to go Paleo but I'm thinking Keto. Anyone have any experience with either of these? Just started walking for exercise as I can't afford a gym membership yet.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I too will contribute to this post. Back in January when I had surgery I found out I weighed 317. I was in a little shock thinking that I weighed somewhere are 280. So this was a huge eye opener for me. The girlfriend and I first tried the drops and that was miserable. Not drinking is not really an option for me as this is how I forget all the bullshit and stresses of life. So we started to go to the gym 4-5 times per week and I'm simply trying to eat smaller portions and eliminate snacking in between meals. Also with the addition of no pop drinking unless it's a mix drink and cutting down weekly beer consumption has really seemed to help. My goal is similar to Justin's as 220 would be a good weight for me to feel good about myself. At the same time I'd be extremely happy to fit in XL size shirts again. My current weight today is 291. But I feel alot better since working out

Alechoustonsotl

houstonsotl
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I do actually have a half years resolution myself. I really enjoy running and do 5Ks frequently however I'm super weak and can barely lift a thing (or even open a Gatorade bottle for that matter) I have my first crossfit session tomorrow morning and looking forward to gaining muscle and being healthier in general

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Question for you on calorie counting diet.

I love the myfitnesspal app cause all you do is scan the product bar code and BAM all the nutritional info is there. Where do you get your nutritional info for things that don't have a bar code i.e. fruits and veggies, meat from the butcher counter, etc? Yes the app search gives suggestions but I question it's accuracy due to the fact when eating out the app has a lower calorie total than whats listed on the company website. That's why I've been using this site, https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/foodapedia.aspx I love that you can actually compare 2 foods side by side helps when making my weekly meal plan biggest problem is that it's not real mobile friendly. Any suggestions?

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Question for you on calorie counting diet.

I love the myfitnesspal app cause all you do is scan the product bar code and BAM all the nutritional info is there. Where do you get your nutritional info for things that don't have a bar code i.e. fruits and veggies, meat from the butcher counter, etc? Yes the app search gives suggestions but I question it's accuracy due to the fact when eating out the app has a lower calorie total than whats listed on the company website. That's why I've been using this site, https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/foodapedia.aspx I love that you can actually compare 2 foods side by side helps when making my weekly meal plan biggest problem is that it's not real mobile friendly. Any suggestions?
I usually compare a few of them and get an idea of where it should be. I never used MFP as a strict 100% accurate way of counting, but more of a guide to make sure I am conscious of my calorie/nutritional intake

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Bad week last week. I put on most of what I lost the previous week. I knew I had a bad week and was going to pay for it at the scale Monday morning. This week I am back on track as of now and hoping to put up some losses next week.

Starting Weight on 1/1/16: 323.0 Lbs.
Current Weight on 5/9/16: 289.6 Lbs.
Total Weight Loss so Far: 33.4 Lbs.
Total Percentage Weight Loss: 10.2%

Goal Weight On 12/31/16: 220.0 lbs.
Weight I still need to lose: 69.6 lbs.

So without Further delay here is my Week 3/34 weigh in

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I usually compare a few of them and get an idea of where it should be. I never used MFP as a strict 100% accurate way of counting, but more of a guide to make sure I am conscious of my calorie/nutritional intake
yeah guess that is probably the best method just get a ballpark of what the nutritional value is rather than trying to find the one "definitive" number. I'm never at exactly 1500 calories anyway sometimes im under other days im over my range is +/- 100

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Bad week last week. I put on most of what I lost the previous week. I knew I had a bad week and was going to pay for it at the scale Monday morning. This week I am back on track as of now and hoping to put up some losses next week.
It happens that's why i don't try to deny myself my "guilty" pleasures but rather just meal plan around them helps keep the "splurging" days to a minimum