What's new

BOTL Weight Loss Thread

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
With insurance reset in January I'll be going back to keto, my first time I went from 520-420 in about 9 months, back up to 470 across my divorce and shit, got back down to 450 before house buying and moving, which put us at the holidays and now I'm close enough to January to go to a dr and get some blood work and stuff done and make sure I'm healthy otherwise
No need to wait to cut carbs and sugar. They're more damaging to you than anything.
Or to eat higher fat and protein to cut hunger.
Needs to be a habit and lifestyle rather than a diet.
But damn, 520 to 420 in 9 months, that's amazing.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Bout time to get some more activity up in this thread..

Anybody still working at it?

No need to wait till Jan. Start the habit change now. Just eat better. Don't overdo it. Avoid the treats or keep the portions down.

There was no way I was gonna do the bland chicken and rice, steamed broccoli and boiled egg diet bull crap. If you can handle that, more power to you.

That said, I was a carb junkie. Never could have imagined giving up my peanut butter Crackers, bread, potatoes, etc. But Keto is the way to go.

Eating eggs, bacon, steak, chicken, salads, raw or tastily prepared vegetables in butter, olive oil etc. Works great.

Just really minimizes hunger. Get full faster, stay full longer.

Getting a quick workout in the morning, and getting in workout moves any opportunities I get in the day.

Down 18 lbs since September, and quickly approaching 2 pant sizes down.
Moving into a new place at the end of the month so we will be starting fresh with keto. I’m a sandwich guy so kicking the carbs is going to be tough

Rating - 92.9%
20   1   0
Wow... I didn't know this thread was a thing. Been keto since Celiac reared its ugly head. Or rather, since I was diagnosed back in August. I'm sure I had it long before that. I've gone from 212 to ~180 and dropping. Congrats to all who are losing, and looking forward to being a loser with you guys!

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Moving into a new place at the end of the month so we will be starting fresh with keto. I’m a sandwich guy so kicking the carbs is going to be tough
It's really not that hard since you're less hungry. You begin to realize how quickly carbs make you hungry again.
And there are some good keto substitutes for bread / buns.

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
No need to wait to cut carbs and sugar. They're more damaging to you than anything.
Or to eat higher fat and protein to cut hunger.
Needs to be a habit and lifestyle rather than a diet.
But damn, 520 to 420 in 9 months, that's amazing.
It was keto, calorie deficit (at or under 1200 a day), and I was on some big boy themrogenics. I was also using a bcaa supplement to help keep my muscles from atrophy.

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My labs came back pre-diabetic in September and I was referred to the nutritional medicine clinic at the beginning of October. The nutrition tech based her advice on information available at ChooseMyPlate.gov and it's worked quite well. My main issue was bad eating habits: light breakfast (usually cereal), nothing for lunch most days, then really packing the calories in at dinner. Portion control was also a problem. Now I'm eating three squares a day, hitting all of the food groups, and watching my portion size.
Since that initial visit, I've lost 22 pounds...32 pounds if we go back to my highest weight in mid-summer. This included a 3-pound backslide over the Thanksgiving holiday. Not too bad, I think. I did indulge myself a bit but for the first time in Thanksgiving memory, I was able to see my plate between portions and I didn't feel like I was going to die (or wish I had) from feeling overstuffed.
Good news/bad news: I dropped to sizes in pants and one in shirts...and I have to buy new pants and shirts.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
It was keto, calorie deficit (at or under 1200 a day), and I was on some big boy themrogenics. I was also using a bcaa supplement to help keep my muscles from atrophy.
Why would your muscles atrophy? Were you not getting activity? It seems that one of ketosis largest benefits is how muscle sparing it is compared to other diets.

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Why would your muscles atrophy? Were you not getting activity? It seems that one of ketosis largest benefits is how muscle sparing it is compared to other diets.
My calorie deficit combined with the keto I think is why I needed the boost of amino acids to help "guide" my body to burning the fat instead of muscle.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Forgot about this thread. Don’t plan on cutting carbs. Watched a video of stan efferdings vertical diet. Thinking of giving it a go over winter and then switching over to low carb at spring. Started back in the gym about a year ago. Been hitting the weights and liking the progress so far. I have maintained my weight at 240 and increasing my PR’s every month. Not losing weight but I’m defiantly trading fat for muscle. All I have to say is just get started. The more you say I’ll do it tomorrow the less likely it will happen.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
322.6 today... Holy hell. I have not seen this number since my football days back at UK playing ball (326lbs) and that's crazy.

I know it was put up in the past, but do y'all want to get in on a challenge? I'm guessing the more people, the better. Buy in could be a 5er and winner takes all? We could go off % to make it fair to all. Weigh-ins can be a pic posted with the daily newspaper, or we come up with a word/code and have it next to the scale. IDK, but having other people do the journey with you seems like it's easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Forgot about this thread. Don’t plan on cutting carbs. Watched a video of stan efferdings vertical diet. Thinking of giving it a go over winter and then switching over to low carb at spring. Started back in the gym about a year ago. Been hitting the weights and liking the progress so far. I have maintained my weight at 240 and increasing my PR’s every month. Not losing weight but I’m defiantly trading fat for muscle. All I have to say is just get started. The more you say I’ll do it tomorrow the less likely it will happen.
Man, I just can't get on board with that diet being a good plan. better than no eating plan at all I guess. Just leaves out a lot of stuff you should be eating, doesn't have enough variety or seem easy to stick with, and the same benefits can be achieved with cutting out processed carbs. https://www.tigerfitness.com/blogs/diet-weight-loss/vertical-diet-stan-efferding

Last edited: