What's new

BOTL Weight Loss Thread

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I vow this is the highest this number will ever be. It’s only going down from here. Regular weigh-ins coming to keep me honest.
View attachment 130101
You can do it man! Good luck!

One legit hack that really works is to consume all your calories in a smaller window of time in the day. Ie: 10 Am - 6pm or noon to 8pm.
With minimal snacking between, and none before or after if you can help it.
This gives your body a much needed break from high insulin, and gives it an actual window where it can burn some fat.
Eating more fat and protein will keep you full longer and make you less hungry overall.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
You can do it man! Good luck!

One legit hack that really works is to consume all your calories in a smaller window of time in the day. Ie: 10 Am - 6pm or noon to 8pm.
With minimal snacking between, and none before or after if you can help it.
This gives your body a much needed break from high insulin, and gives it an actual window where it can burn some fat.
Eating more fat and protein will keep you full longer and make you less hungry overall.
Some good advice, I'll give it a shot. Eating everything within an 8hr window will be tough just because of my schedule, but I may be able to get close to it. I have found that water is pretty effective at curbing hunger too, at least temporarily.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Some good advice, I'll give it a shot. Eating everything within an 8hr window will be tough just because of my schedule, but I may be able to get close to it. I have found that water is pretty effective at curbing hunger too, at least temporarily.
For sure. And cutting back carbs and sugar drastically decreases hunger and cravings.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
How's everybody doing?

If you fk up or fall off, don't let it get you down, just start right back in.

You're better off than you were before and you'll feel better going in the right direction rather than back the other way. (y)

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Trying to get back to what I consider my "fighting weight" of 165. I'm currently 167.2. I started one month ago with a darn strict Keto diet (under 20-25g carbs per day, have maybe gone over 3 times in a month). I started at 178. Most of my weight loss has been the small tire I was starting to form on my midsection and I've seen a general improvement of my glorious Dad Bod, all really without working out much (buying a new house, selling mine, wife in grad school, changes at work, all hampering any time i'd like to spend exercising). Couple more pounds to go then maintenance time!

OleVaSmoker

Leafman
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dove in this past saturday.
No more pop or energy drinks or additives to my coffee. Even cut out sweet tea and got down too half caffeine coffee once a day and the rest water.
Started using samsung health to help keep track of what I eat.
Exercise.
Quit smoking cigarettes (again).
Decided at 45 years old 6 foot 1 inches and 234 lbs i could start listening to my doctor and get in the ballpark range if my ideal weight of 180 to 205lbs.
I'm comfortable with 200 honestly and while it doesn't seem like a lot too lose most of my weight centers around my stomach which according to my doc isn't ideal for men my age.
So here I am adding weights to it all too for some strength training. Not trying too look like Arnold in his prime just wanting to be comfortable shedding a shirt in the pool orr wearing sleeveless shirts. Yep I'm a Va redneck. It's in my roots.
I know it's been a while since the last post but figured if I can do it hopefully it might liven up things for someone else. I'm early in but hell bent on making this work. Been a life goal that always got pushed aside for one reason or another and now my time has come.
Cheers!

Sent from my phablet using Tapatalk app in the shower.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started 3/19/2018 351#, dropped 80 pounds in less than a year, been hanging out in the upper 260s to lower 270s for months. Strict lazy Keto the whole time.
When I was full weight I had a great deal of inflammation on my knees, they were the size of cantaloupes. Enter ketosis and inflammation disappears, loose a bunch of weight and feel better, start doing more, tear my ACL because my fat ass wasn’t in shape. That killed my activity level and is a lot of the reason my weight has been steady. Two weeks ago I had that knee replaced and this morning I’m at 258. In a couple of months I’ll replace the other one, I’ve been bone on bone for 20 years but was too heavy to expect success from knee replacement.
TLDR: Weight loss allowed me to make other health related improvements.