What's new

BotM - Baccy of the Month

TheDudeAbides

I got an awesome sound...
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Whiskey flavored, but pretty lightly. It's about as aro as tend to go. That being said, Molto Dolce sounds pretty good, and guys seem to really enjoy it...
-Dude

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Cellar is an english. It's lightly flavored with whiskey hence the wood block from a whiskey barrel in the can. A lot of non-aros are "cased" with flavorings.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
It's that time again! We're looking for suggestions for the BOTL September Pipe Tobacco of the Month!
  • Do you have something you've had your eye on, just looking for a reason to buy? Tell us now!
  • Got something you love and think everyone else should try? Speak up!
  • Do you like the sound of something someone else has proposed? We want to hear that, too!
Let's take suggestions over the next few days and put together a poll this weekend.
The poll will consist of choices between different tobacco styles/blends; Aromatic, Virginia, Latakia/English, Perique, Burley & Cavendish
The winning baccy from that poll will be our September PToM. :thumbsup:

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
i will go ahead and throw a couple in the mix:

MacB HH Lat Flake (LAT); y'all really need to try this. IMO may be better than penzance. damn site easier to find, at any rate.
C&D exhausted rooster (VaBurPer); just tried, immensely and pleasantly surprised by it. also a nice kick to the nuts first thing in the morning. o)
Samuel Gawaith Full Virginia Flake (Va): seems like an icon, good to give everyone an excuse to try. and me to retry.

EDIT: damn you, ninja rob! o)
actually, very solid choice. love all the PS flake family.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I've had a bit of it and am looking for justification to buy more.

And by that, I mean I am looking to have an excuse ready when my wife finds it in the mail.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I've had a bit of it and am looking for justification to buy more.

And by that, I mean I am looking to have an excuse ready when my wife finds it in the mail.
tell her it's my fault. i'll get your back on this one.

Have we done McClelland Dark Star yet?
nope, but damn good recommendation, rex!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
First time jumping in here but cracked a tin of the HH Lat Flake over the weekend and really enjoyed it. My tin was on the wet side and needed some drying, though. Don't know if that is typical for this blend. Great choice for to tobacco of the month.