What's new

BotM - Baccy of the Month

Rating - 90%
9   1   0
So I finally received the pack of La Brumeuse Semois. UPS was kind enough to get to me a day earlier than expected. When I opened the package, the baccy smelled much like coffee. But it seems it rather dry compared to the other baccys I've smoked. Is that normal for the Semois or is it a result of all the shipping and warehousing?

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
So I finally received the pack of La Brumeuse Semois. UPS was kind enough to get to me a day earlier than expected. When I opened the package, the baccy smelled much like coffee. But it seems it rather dry compared to the other baccys I've smoked. Is that normal for the Semois or is it a result of all the shipping and warehousing?
Semois is dryer than a popcorn fart. Hell u can't even hydrate it. Ive tried. But it's good. I love it. Just remember to pack it very tight.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Nah, I just want to change my vote due to my opinion that baccy only available in larger quantities isn't ideal for the BotM concept.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Nah, I just want to change my vote due to my opinion that baccy only available in larger quantities isn't ideal for the BotM concept.
Oh, don't let that be a factor.
No one should ever feel obliged to buy full tins in order to play along. A simple ISO or trade request will likely get snatched up quick, and baccy is cheap to mail as you don't need to worry about crushing it and basic envelopes can do the job just fine. Grrrrr may want to add to this, but to me, the whole idea of this thread is to get more people to try something new and then follow that up with a review so we're all sharing our experiences together. I'll gladly give out some samples to help increase participation, even if that means whole tins (or in this case, bricks) get given/traded away! There's always more baccy available. The only baccy I would rather not see in this thread is something super limited or OOP. Six months ago, I wouldn't have even posted the Semois as an option, but it's out of that realm now, readily available from multiple retailers.

Whatever baccy is picked each month, if someone wants to try it, is willing to post a review, but doesn't want to place an order, just ask. Someone will help you get squared away!

Last edited:

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Here I am again, coming in at the 11th hour!
Hopefully everyone that tried the Dunhill De Luxe Navy Rolls has been enjoying it and maybe we'll still get some more reviews, but...

It's that time again! We're looking for suggestions for the BOTL November Pipe Tobacco of the Month!
  • Do you have something you've had your eye on, just looking for a reason to buy? Tell us now!
  • Got something you love and think everyone else should try? Speak up!
  • Do you like the sound of something someone else has proposed? We want to hear that, too!
Let's take suggestions over the next few days and put together a poll this weekend.
The poll will consist of choices between different tobacco styles/blends; Aromatic, Virginia, Latakia/English, Perique, Burley & Cavendish
The winning baccy from that poll will be our October PToM. :thumbsup:

We'll do suggestions just until this evening, then I'll build a poll from that and fill in any gaps with suggestions from prior months that haven't been used yet.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I am thinking something for the season. Maybe some Hearth & Home Caramel Apple Pie... Love Apple pipe. or maybe the pumpkin spice others have been talking about. i haven't tried it yet. Afraid to take away from BigBucks

James

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
well guys, this time of year tends to bring out the heavier English blends for me. Some of my favorites that I don't see you guys puffin are P&W 400, Captain Earle's Stimulus Package, and Gaslight. None of these are Lat bombs but complex blends that really sing. I think was too many people overlook Stimulus Package- it's epic.
There you have it.

smokingIsh

BoM July '09
Rating - 100%
171   0   0
well guys, this time of year tends to bring out the heavier English blends for me. Some of my favorites that I don't see you guys puffin are P&W 400, Captain Earle's Stimulus Package, and Gaslight. None of these are Lat bombs but complex blends that really sing. I think was too many people overlook Stimulus Package- it's epic.
There you have it.
I too have been delving into the English blends, but more as a pipe newb wanting to try everything. One that caught my eye while reading is Presbyterian. Any thoughts on that one?