What's new

BOURBON TALK

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Cracked open my bottle of four roses single barrel last night and it was delicious. Not overpowering with heat but enough to let you know it's there. At less than $40 it was a great deal!

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Dude I am not even slightly exaggerating ...not even hyping it up when I tell you that is 1 of 3 walls. The only one with enough light on it that I could get a pic of. The other two walls are stocked just as fully and they use those old librarian/law office rolling ladders to access the bottles.

I also found out that you can smoke upstairs. In finding out that info I caught to guys about to light cedar wrapped sticks ala young Jeezy. I stopped them instead of taking the pic lol.
Whoah whoah whoah, slow down now. Smoke? Upstairs? Gars????

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I love bourbon. And i think it was bourbon that helped feed my appreciation for cigars since they go together so naturally. I cut my teeth, like most, with Makers Mark and Buffalo Trace. I seem to rotate a lot now, but my usual go to is the often unavailable Eagle Rare. I recently found a 1.75 Liter at a local Binny's and could not get to the register fast enough. The bourbon I really like, and rarely see mentioned on these threads, is Michter's Small Batch. For my taste, its fantastic.

Whiskey is a lot like cigars, for me. I don't really have a refined palate. I can't tell you of leather notes in my cigar, or oak in my bourbon. But i can tell you what i think tastes like sticks and leaves... or swamp water soaked in a bowlers butt crack. For me that means i won't ever pay $600 for a Pappy. I'm sure its better than my $60 Blanton's or Black Maple Hill. But I'm equally sure it isn't $540 better.

My bourbon rec's would be
Eagle Rare
Michter's
Four Roses Single Barrel
Blanton's
Elijah Craig 12

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Apparently there is a small release of Pappy hitting the shelves tomorrow around the KY area for any of those who are close...

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
If I had to bet it's already spoken for. I know here in Chattanooga I get a couple days warning from the liquor store I frequent what and how many are coming in. I purchase on the phone in advance and then pickup. It never sees a shelf. Haven't bought much in the last 3 years so it may be different now.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would question the source that told you that, as pappy is only released once a year and that's in November/December. It's been that way for many, many years. Even, if by some oddity, that was true, as Tenn Dave stated, it will never hit the shelves!!!

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I am lucky I have a store that doesn't take phone orders and puts everything on the shelf at msrp. I found pappy 10 and 12 on the shelf last year and paid $69.99 for the 12 and left the 10 on the shelf. I went back the next morning and it was gone. I have gotten ETL, Elijah Craig barrel proof, Saz jr and others.

By doing this, they have trained me to only shop there. I stop all the time looking for something new, or when I know there is something being released. Elmer T Lee has just started shipping their April release so I stop every Friday (day they get their shipments) last night I picked up Noah's Mill cause ETL wasn't there. I picked up some beer also rather than getting it from the grocery store.

The Noah's was good but for the money I could have gotten Blantons so I am not sure I would call it a good value.