What's new

BOURBON TALK

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I'm still at the lower end but I enjoy BuffaloTrace, eagle rare. We have a local called 2 James that I'm trying to get my hands on they have been sold out for a while now of their bourbon

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Clyde mays is a great take on a different style of bourbon. I'm not to into the flavored bourbons (honey maple etc) but this recipe has hints of Apple to it. Very very good

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I know that I am going to love this thread!
I am a Wheated Bourbon Lover. I really don't care very much for the Rye Bourbons, although I do partake from time to time.
Okay, I'll say it, Pappy is a Wheated Bourbon and yes, it's way, way, over rated!!! I believe that became the case, as it became harder and harder to find. Now days, it is basically no existent in any retail outlet.
Don't get me wrong, it's very, very, good, but then again, it's not the Holy Grail of bourbon!!!
Personally, my favorite bourbons are the Weller 12yo, the Weller Antique 107, Makers Mark & Makers Mark 46, all of which are wheated bourbons.
My go to bourbon is Weller Special Reserve, I drink some with every cigar pretty much.. simply because Weller 12yo is basically non existent around St.Louis. Sucks, as I would love to get my hands on some.

xddco

The Skipper
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
I know that I am going to love this thread!
I am a Wheated Bourbon Lover. I really don't care very much for the Rye Bourbons, although I do partake from time to time.
Okay, I'll say it, Pappy is a Wheated Bourbon and yes, it's way, way, over rated!!! I believe that became the case, as it became harder and harder to find. Now days, it is basically no existent in any retail outlet.
Don't get me wrong, it's very, very, good, but then again, it's not the Holy Grail of bourbon!!!
Personally, my favorite bourbons are the Weller 12yo, the Weller Antique 107, Makers Mark & Makers Mark 46, all of which are wheated bourbons.
If you like Wheated Bourbon, try Bernheims......one of my go-to "neat" indulgences!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I love bourbon :woot:

But I'm way too cheap to try and locate some Pappy. My top 4 are currently in order:

1. Bulleit
2. Buffalo Trace
3. 1792
4. Elijah Craig

I've tried a bunch but there are so many more out there. I didn't care for Woodford Reserve or Makers Mark but found them drinkable if need be. I did find some Evan Williams Single Barrel I believe 2010 or 2012 that I really enjoyed but the vintage years have since changed and this last batch I did not care for at all. Knob Creek was just OK. Couldn't stand Jefferson Reserve either and found Blanton's to have a bit too much of a whisky taste vs bourbon sweetness that I enjoy. Four Roses seems too watered down for me too.

I limit my bourbon to under $30 so further choices are limited. Like I said, I'm cheap. :rolleyes:

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I love bourbon :woot:

But I'm way too cheap to try and locate some Pappy. My top 4 are currently in order:

1. Bulleit
2. Buffalo Trace
3. 1792
4. Elijah Craig

I've tried a bunch but there are so many more out there. I didn't care for Woodford Reserve or Makers Mark but found them drinkable if need be. I did find some Evan Williams Single Barrel I believe 2010 or 2012 that I really enjoyed but the vintage years have since changed and this last batch I did not care for at all. Knob Creek was just OK. Couldn't stand Jefferson Reserve either and found Blanton's to have a bit too much of a whisky taste vs bourbon sweetness that I enjoy. Four Roses seems too watered down for me too.

I limit my bourbon to under $30 so further choices are limited. Like I said, I'm cheap. :rolleyes:
Nothing wrong with being frugal brother, but if you losen up, just a bit, to say $40 and under, you'll open the door to many, many other choices.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0

My bourbon for tonight. Really like it but the cost is just enough to make it more of a special occasion drink than an everyday drink for me.
That's a fantastic bourbon. I've had a bottle for about a year now. Gotta be in the mood to kind of pay attention to it. It's not the smoothest, but the flavors are awesome.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
That's a fantastic bourbon. I've had a bottle for about a year now. Gotta be in the mood to kind of pay attention to it. It's not the smoothest, but the flavors are awesome.
I feel like once my ice cube melts just a little it helps smooth it out without being too watered down. Considering the alcohol content, I think it's really good. The alcohol is not overpowering. (Unless you drink too much of course)

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Dear god........
Dude I am not even slightly exaggerating ...not even hyping it up when I tell you that is 1 of 3 walls. The only one with enough light on it that I could get a pic of. The other two walls are stocked just as fully and they use those old librarian/law office rolling ladders to access the bottles.

I also found out that you can smoke upstairs. In finding out that info I caught to guys about to light cedar wrapped sticks ala young Jeezy. I stopped them instead of taking the pic lol.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
We should get a group of Brothers together and go there and drink the place dry!
Won't happen. Wayyyyyyy too large of a selection and several rare and HTFs in each category AND a whole section of SMWS bottles (150 I think she said) that unless one of us is a millionaire ......Im not far off but not yet lol. Even last night I started getting into $40/$50 an oz scotches